Install went great!

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
Some of you may remember my post about having to cancel because the installer that came out told me it couldn't be done on my new house. Well, I'm glad to say he was wrong. A Dish technician came out Saturday and did the install with no problems at all. He mounted the dish, brought the wires into the attic, and hooked them up to my existing cable. He was very professional and did an excellent job. I went up there to take a look at his work last night, and I'm a bit confused. Both of my receivers (322, 522) have a separator attached to them, but I can't find a switch anywhere. Is the switch built into the LNB now? I was expecting a DPP44 since he used separators, but for the life of me I can't find it. I followed the two cables all the way to the edge of the attic, but no switch. The work order says a Dish 500 was installed and the two receivers hooked up, but it doesn't say anything about a switch.

Any ideas?

With two receivers, even dual-tuners, you probably got a DPP Twin. Internal switch, DPP separator friendly. Do a check switch, see what LNB it sees.

WakeBdr said:
That's interesting. At my last house, the installer insisted that I have two coax runs to each receiver location.
The DPP technology is kinda new. Definitely an improvement over the 2 cable runs to the dual-tuners.

I remember when it first came out we were poping installs in at half the time becase we were able to use one line for everything... Both feeds and the back feed.. (diplexers became my best friend. :) ) then they figured it out and gave us more work :(

I am glad everything went OK.

I thought by your pictures the there shouldn't have been a problem.

Like I said your 1st installer was just being lazy and didn't want to do the job.

Did you get your local retailer to do the job this time?

Good luck and happy viewing.

rowemance said:
Did you get your local retailer to do the job this time?

Actually, the first installer was from my local retailer. The installer this weekend was a Dish installer and was much more professional than the other guy.

WakeBdr said:
Actually, the first installer was from my local retailer. The installer this weekend was a Dish installer and was much more professional than the other guy.
Was there ever any doubt? :neener

Dish Dude said:
How long did the job take him, if I remember right you had a pretty big house

It only took him about two hours from start to finish. He even set up the remote to work with my new LCD tv.

The only things I have left to do are:
1. Run phone lines - was doing this anyway because my builder ran them all in series and I want them in a star topology.
2. Bury cables down in the insulation - just to tidy things up a bit.
3. Find a good HD antenna for my LCD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)