Installation got pushed back...what now?

Nevin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Well, I called my local installer this morning. Apparently, they're experiencing an equipment shortage that is "a real nightmare." The guy I talked to, Bart, told me there was pretty much no way I could get Voom installed tomorrow, 6/8. So, since I need to reschedule, who do I contact? Do I call Voom directly or speak with someone at Installs, Inc.? :(
Thanks for the info.

Speak to both but also keep in touch with your local installer to see when equipment arrives. I think he has the ultimate saying when to install you.

I contacted Installs, Inc., and they said I needed to contact my local installer to get my installation date rescheduled. So, I called my local installer back, and they couldn't understand why Installs, Inc. told me to call them. Then, the local installer instructed me to call Voom, so I did. After waiting on hold for several minutes, the Voom CSR told me that he'd call Installs, Inc. to get the date rescheduled and told me to call back later to confirm. In my opinion, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. This is a real mess! I hope it's all worth it.

Going by my own situation and everyone elses who are waiting, I still think the best thing you can do is just tell your installer to call you when he has the equipment and y'all can set up a good installation time then. Install's Inc. doesn't know when they will have any equipment to ship your installer and your installer doesn't know when he will get it (at least that is my case). We all just need to have patience during this time of crisis :D

kaw

I called Voom today and rescheduled my installation date, which was postponed from 6/8, to 6/23. Then, I called my local installer and let them know. They said they would receive confirmation of my appointment from Voom and call me back next Mon. or Tues. to confirm. As of today, they have equipment. I just hope they don't run out before the 23rd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)