Installation help and Info

Aaron27932

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
NC
First, Hello to everyone.Ok here is my situation.I had Directv and i had 3 rcvrs for of course three rooms.Ok i am now going to Dish i already have the dish which is a 500.I believe it has the DishPro Plus LNB. The mounting bracket is still in the same place so can I just go ahead and take the Directv dish off and put the Dish500 back on and if i can will i have to adjust it or will it be ok being that it is the original place where the dishes were mounted? If i need to how do i adjust the dish? Now my next ques is being that i had 3 rcvrs with Directv would it be easier for me to just get three 311 rcvrs being that all i woud have to do is to hook up the rcvrs to the cables that are already in my rooms or get a 322 rcvr and one 311 rcvr? I am looking for the easiest way possible b/c i am not an installer or anything.Does anyone know if Dish will charge me for activation or will i have to just let them know what package i want? Any and all help is appreciated.Thanks for your time guys.

I really really like the info this site has to offer.I will enjoy myself here.

Most of the companies that provides dish network give free installation to their clients. In some cases they may give free satellite dish to those deserving clients.

Its better you contact the retailer and know the complete details about the installation and then tell him about your plans and problems...

I understand what you are saying. I was just thinking that since i already have the dish it self and all it really needs is to just be put back in the same spot my Directv dish is, that it would be better for me to do that and just get some rcvrs, order my package and then be on my way.
Anyone else that can help me out also?

The dish would have to be re-aimed because Direct and Dish use different satellites. Have it installed by a Dish installer, they'll install the most up to date equipment and it won't cost you anything. That dish you have is outdated and only used for basic installs anymore.

The dish would have to be re-aimed because Direct and Dish use different satellites. Have it installed by a Dish installer, they'll install the most up to date equipment and it won't cost you anything. That dish you have is outdated and only used for basic installs anymore.

An install done by E* will either be free with a 24-month commitment or probably $99 without a commitment. You can do it yourself of course. If you don't want any HD programming, then a Dish 500 with a Twin LNB will provide for 110W and 119W. Your standard definition locals should also be on one of those if you need them, but without knowing exactly where you are, I cannot guarantee that.

If you are thinking about HD at some point in time in the near future, you might consider going ahead and setting yourself up now and not waste money on purchasing SD receivers. I would imagine you are in an eastern arc market being in NC and would need a Dish 1000.4 antenna. If you let us know your zip code, we can tell you for sure. The entry level mpeg4 receivers for the eastern arc are not much more expensive, if at all, than the SD receivers you are considering. If you are in an eastern arc area, this is the setup E* will provide you even for SD programming, if you are a new customer. Later if you go for HD programming, everything is already in place. You will incur monthly costs for the receivers. I would contact a local retailer, www.Dishstore.net, or E* to see what everything would cost. If the upfront cost for receivers seems too high, check the prices on eBay, but remember you will pay a monthy charge for any receiver except the first whether you own it or lease it from E*. If you go through E* or one of the retailers and not do it yourself, you will get at least one receiver free and maybe all of them with a 24-month commitment. You just need to check.

If you do a web search you should find detailed instructions for installing a Dish 500 system along with the pointing angles. You can use the install instructions for a 500+ but use the pointing anles for a Dish 500, not the 500+ and ignore the 118.7 LNB info. Depending on the receivers you install you may also need a switch.

Pointing angles here: http://www.dishnetwork.com/download.../installation/117595_01_RV_Pointing_Table.PDF

Install Overview: http://www.solidsignal.com/dishnetw...o_Plus_Installation_Quick_Reference_Guide.pdf

Basic install instructions: http://www.dbsinstall.com/PDF/Manuals/DishPro_322_Chapter4_web.pdf

We have a Dish 500 Pro Plus and are trying to connect to our RV. It has 3 ports, and we do not know which one to connect to. Do we need to run 2 rg6 cables to two different ports, or just one, and if so which? Only one TV will be connected. We are in Florida, Zip 32355

There are two outputs and one input on a dishpro plus twin lnb, which is what it sounds like you have. The two outputs are the two together on the left side of the lnb looking into the eye. It doesn't matter which one of those two you connect to, or if you are connecting two receivers you can use both. Run one rg-6 cable from there to the receiver.

From that zip code you should set the elevation on the dish to 41 degrees. Set the skew angle at 130 degrees. Make sure your mounting pole is plumb and swing the dish through an azmuth angle of 231 degrees until you peak the signal.

Laddyboy, i am in NC and my zip is 27932.The cost to buy rcvrs upfront is too much.I decided to get them off of Ebay b/c it is cheaper. I am not thinking about going to HD any time soon.The free installation is if your credit is good, i tried that before. Mayeb i will try and local retailer to see about how much installing the dish would be. I just thought that doing it myself would be easier.

First, Hello to everyone.Ok here is my situation.I had Directv and i had 3 rcvrs for of course three rooms.Ok i am now going to Dish i already have the dish which is a 500.I believe it has the DishPro Plus LNB. The mounting bracket is still in the same place so can I just go ahead and take the Directv dish off and put the Dish500 back on and if i can will i have to adjust it or will it be ok being that it is the original place where the dishes were mounted? If i need to how do i adjust the dish? Now my next ques is being that i had 3 rcvrs with Directv would it be easier for me to just get three 311 rcvrs being that all i woud have to do is to hook up the rcvrs to the cables that are already in my rooms or get a 322 rcvr and one 311 rcvr? I am looking for the easiest way possible b/c i am not an installer or anything.Does anyone know if Dish will charge me for activation or will i have to just let them know what package i want? Any and all help is appreciated.Thanks for your time guys.

I really really like the info this site has to offer.I will enjoy myself here.

what I would do in your situation since you already have all the lines run is to get (3) 311 STBs and a dp-quad LNBF. each one of the lines that it there would plug into a port on the LNBF and leave you one open port to peak with.//
That would be the easiest thing to do.

It is not just a matter of putting the Dish 500 on the j arm in place of the Directv Dish. It needs to be very precisely aligned or it will not receive anything. You will need an external switch or a Dp Quad in order to run 3 recievers. The DP Twin will only run 2 single tuner receivers unless you have an external switch to go with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts