Installation Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nokin

Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I'ma novice when it comes to satellites, so if you need more info from me to help, let me know.

I recently got a deal on a pre-paid system (Dish 500 w/ 301 receiver). Seems simple enough to put up (famous last words). I mounted the mast, got the AZ and El angles, wired, grounded, etc. All is good on the setup screen...but i can't get even a weak signal. I've tried slowly rotating from right to left, tilting it up and a down a few degrees...nothing. nada. zip.

any ideas??!?

I'ma novice when it comes to satellites, so if you need more info from me to help, let me know.

I recently got a deal on a pre-paid system (Dish 500 w/ 301 receiver). Seems simple enough to put up (famous last words). I mounted the mast, got the AZ and El angles, wired, grounded, etc. All is good on the setup screen...but i can't get even a weak signal. I've tried slowly rotating from right to left, tilting it up and a down a few degrees...nothing. nada. zip.

any ideas??!?

Did you set the skew and is the mast plumb? Check that first.

Clear the switch matrix by doing a switch test with no satellite wires connected. Then go to 119 transponder 11. If looking at the dish from the rear, the leftmost eye is the 119. Cover up the 110 eye to ensure you don't pick up 119 through the 110 eye.

I'll try that, thanks. By 'covering up 110', i assume you mean cover it with something while moving the dish around?

After you've cleared out your switch test, go to 119 T11 and then proceed to point your dish with the 110 covered up. Also, how is your line of sight, nothing in the way, right?

I'll go and try covering up the 110. It's nothing but clear sky to the south.

Just a side thought: is there a way to check if the signal from the dish is even getting to the receiver?

I'll go and try covering up the 110. It's nothing but clear sky to the south.

Just a side thought: is there a way to check if the signal from the dish is even getting to the receiver?

Check for voltage coming from the receiver at the wire at the LNB. You can check with a volt/ohm meter. Another fast check is just to put your tongue to the connector. You'll feel a shock akin to when you were a kid and licked a 9 volt battery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)