Installation...Internet..HIC hissing....Overpowered System? Help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CCTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
United States
I had a 2H/2J system installed today as follows:

4 Satellite outputs ---> DP44 switch ---> Port 1 to Power Inserter and other 3 O/P ports to ----> Duo Node ---> Host 1 to tap--> to Hopper 1 and a splitter ---> to Joey 1 and Joey 2

Hopper 2 is connected to Duo Node's Host 2. Caps on Client 1 and Client 2 of Duo Node.

1) Is this setup OK?

Issues we faced:

On Hopper 1, connected directly to coax input no problem. When HIC was inserted between the Duo output and Hopper, high hissing sound was there continuously until the connections are unplugged. Switched HIC before and after Hopper with the same problem. In 10 minutes, the HIC seemed to go bad as the satellite signals are gone. We tried 2 HICs with the same results. I felt that was overpowering as this noise goes away when the Hopper is unplugged.

2) Any idea what this might be?

Now, we took the HIC out, the noise is out, and connect Ethernet directly to Hopper 1 and Hopper 2. Both see internet but the Joeys do not. We tried to reset multiple times with no luck.

3) Is not it enough to connect one Hopper directly to a router for the whole network to work or HIC is a must?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

So what is needed to get the Joeys to see the Internet? The only option given under network settings is MoCA. I reset the network or connection and it still fails.

have you tried rebooting all the devices? and have you made sure that only one hopper is ethernet connected?

Tried resetting but did not work, tried connecting only one Hopper but did not work either.

Now both Hoppers are connected directly to Ethernet and their broadband works but the Joeys are not connected. I tried Dish Online and both Hoppers are fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts