Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
...if you pay attention.
I set up my new BUD this afternoon. I got the dish put back together and then I went to mount everything back on the pole. It's a good thing I took pictures when I took it apart. I never would have known what went there.
I got it all back together and started fishing for my true south since I knew whereabouts to aim. After half an hour of frustration, I realized that I had installed the lnb 90 degrees off of what it was supposed to be at. I changed the polarity on my TP in the receiver and WHAM!! got a signal!
Then I decided to find 99w since I don't currently have a dish mover and I want NBC (my OTA antenna stinks). After another half an hour of trying to find that I decided to double check my TP info against what I found on The List. Everything checked out but I still got nothing. I put in another TP on 99w and got a signal. Then I looked at Lyngsat and realized that their info differed from The List. I put in Lyngsat's TP info and WHAM!! got a signal!
All in all, it wasn't nearly as hard as setting up my motorized 39". Of course, all the elevation settings, etc. were already set on the dish so I really didn't have to tweak that much.

To make a long story short...YAY! There's nothing like that green bar shooting up on the top of the screen!

What I found this weekend is to get that polar mount pointing true south. I eyeballed mine hooked it up to the dsr922 went in and moved it o AMC3 and had great signal. Made it all the way to 99west then nothing.Thought on it for awhile and said you missed step one. Took a compas out to the dish and rotated the mount a couple degrees to true south and what do you know. 58W TO 135w PERFECT.

Congratulations. You have done many clever steps to verify and re-aim. That is what it takes to understand the hobby. A little tweak here and there will be rewarded. :up

Is it normal for an lnb to need to "warm up?" When the receiver is off for a while it takes 20-30 seconds before I get a signal on this dish. I don't know the age of the lnb and it works fine after that initial warm up. Neither my ku nor my dish (nasa!) lnbs act this way.

Is it normal for an lnb to need to "warm up?" When the receiver is off for a while it takes 20-30 seconds before I get a signal on this dish. I don't know the age of the lnb and it works fine after that initial warm up. Neither my ku nor my dish (nasa!) lnbs act this way.

I haven't experienced this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)