Installation Problem

shappey200

Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
I had a horrible expereince with dish network installation. I had installation scheduled for this past Saturday. I recieved two calls prior to the date. They asked me if they needed a 40 ft. ladder and I said they would. Of course, they showed up 2 hours late and without a 40 ft. ladder. They told me that they couldn't get onto my roof because they didn't bring a 40 foot ladder (big surprise). Furthermore, they claim they won't install the dish on a flat roof without using a brick platform. They also said they will charge me extra for the use of a 40 ft. ladder and for the brick mount. They also said that if I would drop the local channels, they could put the 500 up instead of the superdish. They claim the they can mount the 500 without problems because it is significantly lighter.

I don't necessarily need local channels, but I do want the networks so I can watch prime time tv. If I don't subscribe to local channels, will I recieve national abc, nbc, cbs, fox, wb, etc.?

Also, do you guys have any advice. I really want dish network, but I am getting pretty tired of this.
:confused:

I would say I need the locals. Unless you qualify, you can't get the distants.

Why can't they mount it lower? (like on the ground). Most installers don't want to mount a SD 40' up due to wind might get ahold of it.

Do you live in a forest that you can't get a Line of Sight any lower?

I live in Baltimroe city. Line of site is not a problem, but there is no property to mount the dish on the ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts