installation problems

sheipe06

Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Although I have a pretty good knowledge of electronics, I'm a newbie at installing dishes. I have a superdish 105 with a DP 34 switch. I hook up the three RG6 cables. I run a check switch and it says that there is no connection at port 3. I switch ports 2 and 3 and run a check switch again, port 2 comes up no connection. I replace the dual LNB setup and try it again getting the same result. I have a good signal at 119, but 110 comes up wrong sattelite (119 west) and 105 doesn't have a signal at all. What could be the problem? Thank you in advance for helping my headache!!!

Kevin
:confused:

Welcome!

Make sure mount is plumb.

Make sure Elevation is correct for your zip.

Make sure Skew is correct for your location.

Turn the dish 9 degrees right - check signal. if it is good end test.

turn dish 18 degrees left - check signal, if it is good end test.

Usually when a 119/110 come up wrong sat, you are either 9 degrees right or left of your target.

Good luck.

rc811002 said:
Welcome!

Make sure mount is plumb.

Make sure Elevation is correct for your zip.

Make sure Skew is correct for your location.

Turn the dish 9 degrees right - check signal. if it is good end test.

turn dish 18 degrees left - check signal, if it is good end test.

Usually when a 119/110 come up wrong sat, you are either 9 degrees right or left of your target.

Good luck.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=53420&page=3&highlight=mogack

Sound like the problem I had. These guys know their SH**. try this link it will help.

I agree with rc811002.

What about when I run a check switch it tells me that one of my inputs is not connected? Is that because I don't have the dish aimed correctly?:confused: :confused:

sheipe06 said:
What about when I run a check switch it tells me that one of my inputs is not connected? Is that because I don't have the dish aimed correctly?:confused: :confused:

It won't show up if it is not recieving a signal.

sheipe06 said:
YES , A switch check is supposed to be done after you have it aimed, so it's expecting signal. No signal, one possibility , no connection. (another not aimed right)

like ray said

you need to make sure you mast is plum and also the skew is set right.
sounds like you are pointed to far right also if you are getting 119 on the middle lnb you will need to go up in elevation and to the left with the az.

I think you all have missed the obvious, he has replaced the lnbf after moving the jumper from port 3 to port 2......... faulty connection or faulty jumper, well it could be obvious though I have been up since 5:30 am.

I think we all agree that a tech with a birddog would the be the best plan...

However, it does sound like he is pointed at 119 and 129 and should move to the left.

However, do check the jumpers. The stinger should be 1/8 inch past the connector. The DP34 is known to have problems with stingers that are too long or too short. AND, look inside the connectors and make sure that the braiding is not shorting the stinger.

Some receivers will show CONN when the aim is bad, some will show N/C.

Try putting a barrel on the linne from the Duel. This should be getting signal from only the 119 Sat. If the setting on the dish are right and the mast is plumb when you re connect the DP34 they all should work. The super dishes are difficult to point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts