Installation question, help please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skiifire

Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Central Florida
Hi,

I got Direct TV a few months ago and so far I have been pretty happy until today. When they did the installation they were hooking up the 3 lines that I originally had for cable to splitter looking box outside. At the time I only got 2 receivers (I only had 2 working TV's) knowing I would be getting a 3rd once I got a new TV for the family room. I went to check it out today and realized the cable to my family room is laying on the ground under the house and is not connected to the splitter thing. I called Direct TV and they told me it would be $80 for them to come out and connect the cable. :confused: But the lady said I could just do it myself as long as it reaches (it does) but the only problem is that it has some kind of metal cap thing on the connector I need to screw it onto. Can I just remove that cap thing? If so, does anyone know if it is just pull off or screw off? I dont want to try yet because I want to make sure I dont break it. Once I get that taken care of all I need to do is call them to activate my new receiver. Is this something I can do or am I stuck paying them $80 to fix their mistake? As it is the installer was a few hours late to the appointment, made a huge mess in my bedroom (from installing a line for the DVR) and left it there and left all the boxes and junk in my back yard.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me

I believe the cap that you're referring to is called a terminator. Looks like a bike tire cap with a little nipple on the end. If so, you can just unscrew the cap and screw the RG6 line in. Once connected to the receiver, you can do the setup yourself or have activation customer service help you out. Either way, they will NOT charge you for support to activate a new receiver... as long as infrastructure is setup correctly. Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts