Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So you are saying if I don't have a quad LNB then I can take 2 duals and 2 DP Splitters and run them to say....4 311's? and they will all work fine and pass DNS QA's?......... They are the same as a 21 switch?

No. The splitter will work with only a single orbital location. The reason is with multiple orbital slots, there are diseqc commands for LNB control and since a splitter won't process those, you will only see LNB A. The only circumstance this will work is single orbital, multiple tuner/receivers. I do these quite often when we have a Middle Easterner with a 625 and only a 61.5 dish.

No. The splitter will work with only a single orbital location. The reason is with multiple orbital slots, there are diseqc commands for LNB control and since a splitter won't process those, you will only see LNB A. The only circumstance this will work is single orbital, multiple tuner/receivers. I do these quite often when we have a Middle Easterner with a 625 and only a 61.5 dish.
So it would be perfect for the guy who started this thread then. He has that wineguard single lnb wanting to get a dual lnb to one satellite. Wait........ He has a 222 receiver......... That will work for him then right?.........If so, I might PM him just to let him know.......

So it would be perfect for the guy who started this thread then. He has that wineguard single lnb wanting to get a dual lnb to one satellite. Wait........ He has a 222 receiver......... That will work for him then right?.........If so, I might PM him just to let him know.......

To the receiver, it looks like two separate lines from the LNB. No voltage conflicts with any DP system and since its just one orbital, no LNB switching conflicts.

OK. Thanks for the information. In order to make this work, does the LNB need to be a DP or will my existing LNB that came with my Winegard work? If my existing will not work, can someone recommend a DP single LNB that will fit my Winegard?

Thanks

DDMO

if you use the Holland splitter as shown earlier you should be able to make it work with existing LNB.

your existing LNB is rectangular at a bottom, and E* LNB is half oval i don't know if you can find LNB that will fit there, it is going to be easier to just get dish 500 with DPP twin and a separator

The LNB has to be stacked. If his current LNB is a run-of-the-mill DirecTV LNB, it won't be stacked and he will have voltage conflicts. He needs a DP LNB. I think there are some stacked DTV LNBs he could use but I can't say for certain it will work. The DP LNB can be sawn with a hacksaw at the right places to fit into a square tube feed arm.

I've been looking for a DP single LNB to purchase in order to replace the one I've got on the Winegard as you've suggested, but all I'm finding is DP dual lnb. Will this work? Any suggestions on where to find the DP Single LNB?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)