Installation question

apocrapha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Hey all,

I am new to dish network-it will be installed friday morning hopefully. Moving from cable. Getting the (2) 522 receivers and will hook them to 4 tv's. I've read a lot of posts about installation nightmares and problems so i think i know what can happen and hope all goes well. My question is about how the install is done inside the house. 2 of the tv's i have already have cable and don't expect any problem there. The other 2 tv's don't have cable and that's where my question is. How good are the installers about making things look "right" ? Do they spend any time making things neat or do they just poke a hole in the wall and run the cable through? If i want things to look right should I do some things myself or can they be expected to do a reasonable job? Thanks for any responses and I hope i was clear enough with my question. :D

Thanx

I ran all the cable my self. That way it’s done to my liking.
I did not terminate the ends I let the installer do that.

If you want a decent job on your own house, do it yourself, the installer will want to get in and out as quickly as possible and won't want to know about your wallplates or how neat you want the job done unless you get someone like bcshields or PSB.
Make sure the installer grounds your dish - it's the law.
Don't sign anything until you're seen it working and have a good signal.
Don't let the installer use the RG59 that you already have for cable.
Say no to drugs.

Depends on the installer that comes out to do the install. But as Cascade said 99% of them want to get in and out as quickly as possible. Now on the other hand you could offer them a big tip to stay and do the job more complete and thorough. I've done this with cable installers in the past.

If you called the 800 # or ordered thru the internet you'll get an in and out contractor. I always advise people to buy and deal with a local retailer. The ones I know have good techs and take pride in thier work. May cost a little extra for some custom work, but you get what you pay for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)