installation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hello everyone, I sent a dish home with a guy today and would like to ask a question about installation of the dish. Its a 1.0 true focus metal ku dish with a dual linear lnb on it. I used it here at the house and it works fine. I used it for 129. Was saving it for the mystery satellite but what ta heck. So I gave it to a friend to give to his friend to use on sat 97.
They are in the process of setting it up tonight. they have a sat finder (cheap one) in between dish and coolsat 6000. And having a hard time. They have a compus and aming at proper az. but finding the el is hard for them.
Question, could they change the fhey change the LNB freq for sat 97 to a active freq on direct tv dish on 101 which is 12224 save that and go to manual scan and change sr to 20000 and would that sat finder pick up on direct tv signal so that they know they are only 4 deg west and 1 deg low.? does this make sense and will it work? thanks

Directv uses a different encoding (DSS) instead of DVB so it wont work

I wonder if they skewed the LNB properly? If you had it on 129 the skew would be huge compared to 97W in Michigan

If they are "in the neighborhood" when they aim the dish do a blind scan and see what it picks up. Then we know where they are in the arc ;)

Thanks Ice, I dont know a thing about dtv but thought it might be a long shot to tell when they are close. They brought their cs6000 receiver up when they picked up the dish and I plugged it into my dish that is on 97 and we scanned the sat so they have freqs and I was just on phone with them and talked them through the software setup at their location and got them on a transponder and sr. thanks again

if they are using a standard linear LNB (which they should be) then it will not pickup the DTV frequencies....it will only go up to 12200 and DTV frequencies are all above this....DTV TPs are also circular, and your LNB is linear (or should be)....

are you sure they are using a linear LNB?....what is the make and model number so we can verify that first....if your not using the proper LNB you can aim all day and find nothing....

what are they setting the LNB freq to?....what TP are they selecting while aiming?....if your not selecting a good active TP then you wont get any quality even if you ARE aimed correctly....

they might be better off aiming for AMC 101w because it has stronger TPs....once they find that 97w is just a touch east and possibly up or down one degree or so depending on your location....

cruzin said:
Thanks Ice, I dont know a thing about dtv but thought it might be a long shot to tell when they are close. They brought their cs6000 receiver up when they picked up the dish and I plugged it into my dish that is on 97 and we scanned the sat so they have freqs and I was just on phone with them and talked them through the software setup at their location and got them on a transponder and sr. thanks again

Great that you scanned in the Galaxy19 channels! Verifies that the receiver is working.

There is no need to find another satellite first. Galaxy19 has several very strong transponders that will make finding satellite very easy. I would recommend using frequency 12152 (Russia Today - News). Make sure the LNBF Skew (rotation) is correct and the receiver's LO frequency matches the linear LNBF's LO frequency.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts