Installation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
Hello, ever since getting into KU I want to go bigger and get a C band dish. The problem is, I live in an apartment building I know they do not care if I put up a C band dish. I noticed that Galaxy-Marketing still has the 6FT WS1870P still for $69. I would like to buy that dish and try to hook it up. I have a flat roof, I was thinking of putting the dish on a NPRM no one would touch it but I would feel better if the dish was hooked onto a pole mount. I have seen bigger C band dishes that was installed via a wall pole mount I just don't have any pictures to show. I do have this picture of a C band dish installed via cinder blocks. What I am asking is how would I do the same install? Or could I some how install via a strong pole mount? Thanks

Attachments

• dish-pointing-insat-2e-satellite-1.jpg
    dish-pointing-insat-2e-satellite-1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 114
Hello, ever since getting into KU I want to go bigger and get a C band dish. The problem is, I live in an apartment building I know they do not care if I put up a C band dish. I noticed that Galaxy-Marketing still has the 6FT WS1870P still for $69. I would like to buy that dish and try to hook it up. I have a flat roof, I was thinking of putting the dish on a NPRM no one would touch it but I would feel better if the dish was hooked onto a pole mount. I have seen bigger C band dishes that was installed via a wall pole mount I just don't have any pictures to show. I do have this picture of a C band dish installed via cinder blocks. What I am asking is how would I do the same install? Or could I some how install via a strong pole mount? Thanks

Here's a link to a company that sells different type mounts which might give you and ideal of how to install the dish. Just go to C-band Equipment under products and then go the section on Dish Mounts. Also depending on the type of weather you have it might be a determining factor on how you install it. None of the mounts are going to be as cheap as a single pole mount in the yard.

Welcome to orbitcommunicatiopns.com, Online retailers of Dish Network Systems and the home of HDTV and C-Band products

http://www.skyvision.com/pages/parts3.html - has some.

Last edited:
I think a NPRM is the way to go. That also make it somewhat portable if it needs to be moved in the future. I have 2 NPRMs on the ground with several flat concrete blocks under them and blocks in place on the tops.

The dish in that photo needs a larger footprint for proper support assuming it's not in the ground. Those blocks are barely enough to balance it. Bring along some wind and it's history.

Here's a link to a company that sells different type mounts which might give you and ideal of how to install the dish. Just go to C-band Equipment under products and then go the section on Dish Mounts. Also depending on the type of weather you have it might be a determining factor on how you install it. None of the mounts are going to be as cheap as a single pole mount in the yard.

Welcome to orbitcommunicatiopns.com, Online retailers of Dish Network Systems and the home of HDTV and C-Band products

Skyvision Satellite Equipment - has some.

Thank I will check those out. Next time I am near the OTB they had 4 C band dishes on wall pole mounts. Hopefully they are still there even though they went out of business

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts