Installation question...

mattnstacy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Getting installed today. I'm getting the 311 and 625. 3 rooms plus DVR in 2.

Since I'm not going to be here I want to have an idea what's going to happen. I'm going to have the installer call me. We have 2 tvs upstairs that we watch the most (living room/bedroom). I'm assuming we can have the 625 in the living room to run that tv and the bedroom. And then have the 311 in the basement. This would work the best for us I think. I'm not sure how the 2 tvs upstairs could work independently with only 1 box. Do the remotes work to the box or the tvs? Is there a separate little infared box for the remote on the bedroom tv?

Sorry for the stupid questions. These are things I didn't ask the salesperson.

Thx again.

One other question. The salesperson talked me into the Dish Home Security thing, which sounded like equipment insurance. Does anyone have more info on this? Is it a good thing to have or waste of money?

the 625 #2 side is fed out over the coax back through the walls, their are 2 independent tuners in the 625 and the #2 side has a UHF remote control (RF) so you don't have to be in the same room. What kind of cable is in your house? If not RG 6 rated to at least 2.2 they will have to run new cable.

Dish Dude said:
the 625 #2 side is fed out over the coax back through the walls, their are 2 independent tuners in the 625 and the #2 side has a UHF remote control (RF) so you don't have to be in the same room. What kind of cable is in your house? If not RG 6 rated to at least 2.2 they will have to run new cable.

Not sure of the rating of the cable. I didn't realize it's fed over the same coaxial system. I should be ok. I just didn't want them to have to drill more holes or anything. If they need to use a better quality cable, that's fine I guess.

it will say what it is on your cable, go look at the writing on the cable in your utility room if it says 59 on it expect new cabling, if it is 59 and the installer says the cable is fine, ask for a different installer as it will fail

You'll only need RG6 cables from the LNB to the receivers.
59 cable will work fine for TV2 output from your 625 to the bedrooms.

yes maximum, it works fine on the backfeeds, but if this guys house is finished expect exterior cabling or to pay $30 so both are UHF and not have to worry about the 59

Anyone getting a dual tuner and a single tuner receiver might as well go with two dual tuners since it will cost the same amount per month. You would get another room installed for future use plus have PIP (Picture in Picture) functionality in the third room. You could also bring a wire up that third room where that dual tuner receiver is at from the second tv output on the 625 if you want to watch that DVR in that room in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts