installation questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

m3p0

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Hi,

I have kinda had it with the DirecTV technicians in my area who either never show up or when they do, tell me there is nothing they can do with the way the things are currently set up... So what I am needing to do myself, is rewire from my dish to a DVR and 2 other receivers (4 tuners total... for now). I currently have the round dish, but would like to use the right coaxial cable to support HD when I upgrade to the oval HD dish down the line. What I think I need, to do all of this, is to get some quad shielded RG-6 cable, and a switch, correct? I would also like to use a switch that allows for expansion for other receivers in the future as well. The 2 that I am currently looking at are the Zinwell SAM-4803 or the Zinwell WB68. Could someone please let me know if I am on the right track here or if I am way off? Any help that anyone can provide I'd really appreciate.

Thanks

Anyone out there? Help me out here? At least with the switch part of it?

With the 5 LNB or 3 LNB dishes, you can feed 4 tuners without a multiswitch (there is one built into the dish). If you have more than 4, you should use a Zinwell WB68, which will support the 5-LNB dish (the SAM-4803 won't work with all of the satellites).

In almost all cases, quad-shield cable isn't needed for satellite installations. Be sure to get cable with a solid copper center conductor instead of copper-clad steel.

Thanks for your help. I figured the WB68 was what I'd need, but it sure helps to have the verification from you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts