Installation Questions?

specsmaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Be gentle, I'm fairly new at this.

Like many others, I am forced to find another provider with Voom going under. I had dish and put them on hold while Vooming and I am returning to dish.

Voom provided me with a Winegard VM3400 multiswitch to service four tv's. This switch provides for an ota passthrough. The dish lnb has four leads coming out and I didn't need a multiswitch. I bought a 921 receiver, so this changes my needs to 5 satellite feeds. The receivers I need to hook up are the 811HD, 921HDDVR, and the 522SD DualDVR.

Now the questions:

Can I use the winegard multiswitch with two of the feeds from the dish combined with the ota feed to create three feeds to the hd receivers, and use the other two feeds to go directly to my 522 receiver? (no need for ota on the 522)

If no, will the DP34 also carry the ota signal? :confused: :confused: :confused:

you can use two of the leads from the quad lnb (if it is a dishpro)into the dp34 switch. that will give four outputs.then use diplexers to bring in the off air antenna on the same cable as the dish is using.

The antenna's not the issue. Can I use the Winegard VM3400 multiswitch instead of the DP34 multiswitch with the dishnetwork setup?

The winegard switch has built-in diplexers allowing for a clean passthrough. The dp34 does not have allow for the passthrough. Can mean up to 4 diplexers out to the receivers. not as clean.

Anybody know?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You cannot use the Winegard multiswitch....I havent seen this, but using some common knowledge, the Voom dish was a dual LNB. So if you needed 3 or 4 receivers, they gave you a multiswitch (like the old DriecTV setups had)
2 lines in...4 lines out...you could hook an OTA to it

Dish doesnt use reguklar switching..they have a built in switch to get both 110 & 119. So you would need a DP34 to add more than 4 receivers to a setup

The multiswitch above (Winegard) would work if you only had one satellite (119 as an example) to work with

You will not be able to use the wineguard multi switch what you will need are 2 DP34 switches and diplexers for your ant. You will need to diplex one of your satellite lines before the DP34 switches and then before you go into the receivers.

Thanks. So 1 diplexer into either satellite line in will send the signal through to all 4 outs to receivers.

No. You can NOT add OTA to ANY input of the switch. You will have to have diplexers on the OUTPUT side - although I seem to remember some third-party (Microyal?) outfit may have a switch that acts like a DP34 with an OTA input port.

You can avoid the need for a second switch by using a DPP44 and DPP Separator (also avoids needing the second cable to the 522 & 921).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts