Installation questions

SirJeff

Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
I have a DishNetwork install scheduled for July 7th, and want to make sure that I'm getting what I want.

Until the 7th, I have DTV, and this is the setup that I have with them. TV 1 has a standard single tuner receiver. TV 2 has a standard single tuner receiver. TV 3 has a dual tuner DVR. TV 4 has a dual tuner DVR. Concievably, between TV 3 and TV 4, I can record 4 different programs at the same time.

DishNetwork has down for the install, a single, dual tuner receiver (one tuner each for TV 1 and TV 2, allowing a different channel to be watched in each room). This I can grasp. They are also going to install a single, dual tuner DVR for TV 3 and TV 4. While that would give me DVR capability on both TVs, wouldn't I only be able to record 2 different channels (as opposed to 4 with my current DTV setup)?

To be able to record 2 programs on TV 3, and 2 different programs on TV 4, wouldn't each TV need a dual tuner DVR?

Yes, you will only be able to record 1 channel on TV3 and 1 on TV4. To be able to record 2 programs on TV 3, and 2 different programs on TV 4 you will need TWO DVR tuners (currently the 625 DVR receiver). I just had them install in my house same configuration - 1 regular tuner for 2 TVs and 1 DVR receiver for two other TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)