Installation Update: good news that's what ESPN HD is?!

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
So there was like some tension there early one when the technician doesn't show up with either the OTA antenna upgrade, or the dish upgrade, knows nothing about removing the diplexer at my location.. nothing..

I was about to flip my lip when the tech sees my problem and knows nothing about the channel mapping errors between 261 and 262, so I tell him almost word from word Ilya's original post about the voltages. The dude's like "hmm that makes sense" and gets to work. He replaces ALL the coax in my house, and grounds the unit lo-and-behold problem fixed AND I get almost all the OTAs downstairs, and the PQ downstairs has less noise. Amazing. He has to order a new OTA though as he couldn't tweak that he said he's ordering a Turk(? never heard of it?) That's supposed to have a wider range. (the most powerful signal I get from an OTA channel is 50-60).

Ok so it seems I may not have to run seperate lines, I'm still convinced that some of the white random specs that appear in my HD images would be cured with some cleaner equipment. If I change the diplexer to something better, anyone have any recomendations? Also what does "grounding" the lines mean? Is it supposed to make a difference in the signal from the LNB to the receivers?

Anyhow, after he installed all new coax, bam, all the channels came in right on my HD TV. PBS HD looks "blah!" damnit, major dissappointment, I'd watch Discovery HD anytime, hell Rave's SoundStage looks better than PBS SoundStage I'm willing to bet. More mosquito noise than any other HD channel I have yet seen.

I haven't heard good things about Terk's antenna. Others can chime in but most reviews I read did not like the Terk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)