Installed my 118.7 Dish 1000+ Today - GREAT Results! Comments/Feedback Welcome

hzhao said:
Nice post!

One question: For what I understand, the Dish 1000+ will have the center LUN combined with 119/118.7, and will only using ONE input to DPP44. From the photos from your install, there are four inputs to DPP44 instead of three inputs....... Could there be the reason why you got the error message?

Am I correct if using Dish1000+, you will still be able to add another wing dish, like 61.5 if needed, and still have four feeds to DPP44?

It definately requires two, the bottom of the LNB has a 1F for the 118 (FSS) and 2D for the 119 (DSS).

Thanks for the thought though.

kdg454 said:
Try putting your down feeds to your DPP44 in the same order as they come from the 1000+
110/118/119/129
I believe 118 and 119 should be on consecutive ports on the DPP44.
Mine is getting installed Monday morning. If the message comes up, I'll ask the installer what it means.

The DPP44 'recomends' installing the FSS sat on the 4th input, which matches what the 1000+ manual indicates. I'm not sure why, but since the first superdishes the FSS has always been last on the switch.

Claude Greiner said:
Looks good!

Signal looks about the same that I got on mine in Detroit

Thanks for getting it to me so quickly. Ordered Thursday night, Installed Friday night. I appreciate your efforts with Dishstore.

Masterdeals signal strengths are about the same as mine on my D1000, except the 129's are a tad higher. TP12 on 129 was 90 this morning. And that new dish is alot bigger than the D1000. I expected to get more gain for 129 on the new 1000+. So that means the 1000.2 might not be a quantum leap for that matter. Unless I am really lucky on my location here, and the 1000.2 is gonna outperform my old 1000 by at least 10 points up.

ralfyguy said:
Masterdeals signal strengths are about the same as mine on my D1000, except the 129's are a tad higher. TP12 on 129 was 90 this morning. And that new dish is alot bigger than the D1000. I expected to get more gain for 129 on the new 1000+. So that means the 1000.2 might not be a quantum leap for that matter. Unless I am really lucky on my location here, and the 1000.2 is gonna outperform my old 1000 by at least 10 points up.

I had a D1000 in Michigan and rarely broke 70 on a any transponders. I think you may get a better further southwest. I think 129 gets worse the further north and east, as most of the New England area can't get 129.

It improved my 129 reception around 10 points across the board. Stuff that was low 60s is now low 70s.

Dirtydan said:
Claude, with a 500+ will an extra coax to DP34 be required for 118.7?

A 500+ will work with a DP34 using one coax each for 110/118/119. If you want 129 or 61.5 for HD than you will need a DPP44.

The question is, since the 1000+ is supposed to be bigger than the 1000.2, if the 1000.2 is really gonna make a difference. Weird is also that the PLUS dishes are already available, and no word anymore about the 1000.2. Like it was never mentioned. Nobody has seen one, except Scott at the summit. I think the reason why is, that they might have realized, that the slightly bigger than the old 1000 new 1000.2 isn't gonna cut it either, to take care of the problems. Let's face it: Masterdeals readings on the 129 are pretty much the best so far for a E* dish to pull in 129, but nevertheless the 129 signals are still pathetic compared to what gets pulled in on the 110/119 locations. So since the 1000.2 is supposed to be smaller than the 1000+, what's the point? 5 points gain? That's not really gonna matter much. Why did they waste money on developing the 1000.2, if they could have just gone ahead and used the 1000+ setup with a different LNBF combination to match the curvature of the pan for all cases. I am not a dish developer, but it's all about geometry, and not rocket science.

I think the 1000+ is only so large to accomadate the FSS 118.7.

The 1000.2 is slightly larger, but wider to help 129. I think the main improvement is the LNB. It has 3 outputs and a built in input for a 4th sat. I doubt there would be a significant improvement to the 129 reception, rather a better LNB that eliminates the need for a DPP44 in many cases, i.e more than 2 receivers and needing a wing satellite.

If you are really looking for a sure fire way to obtain excellent signals from 129 I'd go with 24inch or larger. When I swing the 36inch dish over to 129 with an Invacom LNB, my signal meter is maxed out on just about every transponder. I know this isn't a solution for everyone as they want just one dish but if you really want to solve your problem, you've got a give a little. Or you can wait for E* to solve the problem, which might be a while.

digiblur said:
If you are really looking for a sure fire way to obtain excellent signals from 129 I'd go with 24inch or larger. When I swing the 36inch dish over to 129 with an Invacom LNB, my signal meter is maxed out on just about every transponder. I know this isn't a solution for everyone as they want just one dish but if you really want to solve your problem, you've got a give a little. Or you can wait for E* to solve the problem, which might be a while.
I know that, but that wasn't the point. The point is, that E* doesn't give a damn about solving the problem at all. It is pathetic that people have to pull off hardware changes like that on their own, and they don't do a thing to support to solve the problem. But they don't have a problem to collect their fees. That will always work, no matter what it takes.

masterdeals said:
I think the 1000+ is only so large to accomadate the FSS 118.7.

The 1000.2 is slightly larger, but wider to help 129. I think the main improvement is the LNB. It has 3 outputs and a built in input for a 4th sat. I doubt there would be a significant improvement to the 129 reception, rather a better LNB that eliminates the need for a DPP44 in many cases, i.e more than 2 receivers and needing a wing satellite.

Just a thought: Instead of waiting for a 1000.2, just install a 1000+ even if you do not want/need to use the 118 feed.

Excuse my stupidity on this, as I have never seen or used a DP system in my life.

No one has mentioned this either, so I'll play the village idiot (a typical role).

Why does 110 show as a single while 129 shows as a dual?

Last edited:
masterdeals said:
So, as for 118.7:

The only transponders I'm concerned with right now are 4 & 5 for Detroit HD Locals.

The signal is in the low-mid 70s, 71 and 73. This is still better than I had on my original 121 Superdish, which was usually high 60s.

I really wanted to compare the HD quality, but can't!

Golf on ABC, but it was only in SD.

Baseball on FOX, but WJBK only has a blank screen on channel 6462! I ended up watching the White Sox / Yankees game on OTA, and can't compare it.

I'll post some comparasion later this weekend if I get a change to see some HD content via 118.7.

Why will HDTV's do the screen shrink thing? Is if it isn't 1081pi? I thought it was just my TV that did that.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Excuse my stupidity on this, as I have never seen or used a DP system in my life.

No one has mentioned this either, so I'll play the village idiot (a typical role).

That's unclear for me; so far I saw many of different LNBFs:
- usually regular DP (12.2-12.7GHz, circular) are dual, ie have two outputs - used for 61.5/148/129; probably there is single DP exist too;
- Dish KuFSS DP is single ( 11.7-12.2 GHz linear ) - for 105 or 121 sats

Could you check you setup ? And take pictures of all LNBF's outputs ?

HDTVFanAtic said:

That one is simple, the dish came with a single output LNB for 110, and I already had a dual output LNB from my original 1000 that I added to it for 129.

So, 110 single, 129 dual.

I did some tweaking on the dish today, and have even better signal results.

110 and 119 are still average 100-105.

129 is now averaging 90 on most transponders

And 118 is in averaging 75 on transponder 5/6 (Detroit HD)

masterdeals, could you do me a favour and measure the rectangular tubing size of the arm, and the distance from the 129 lnbf to the center of the dish. Im thinking about a new project....

masterdeals said:
Lastly, HUH? Anyone care to take a stab at what this message means on my Check Switch Details screen?

It has something to do with the 118/119 LNB, but I don't know what it means.

All 4 inputs are working properly despite the message, but it has me confused.

My 500+ was installed this afternoon. These messages show up on my system also. The installer did not know what they meant. Tech Support was unable to provide any insight.

masterdeals, did you peak your dish using 119 or 118.7? What kind of meter were you using? In the June 30 Facts Blast, DISH receommends peaking using 118.7 and that it will require a new sat meter for certain states:

"Applied Instruments is introducing a new meter called Super Buddy. This meter should be considered for installations in the following states: Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. "

For all other states a Birdog is recommended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts