Installed my first 622 today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chadzx11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
memphis
E* almost screwed it up. The customer ordered on 2/1, but never got his box, so he called about a week ago and they overnighted it.

I thought it was gonna be bad. The customer seriously wanted that dish 1000, but I finally talked him down from that ledge. There just wasn't anywhere to pull down 110, 119, and 129 together. He wanted to keep his Dish 300 (61.5) for CBSHD, so we called dish and got him hooked up with a 44 switch, then I started working for real.

I didn't touch his self-installed 300 or 500, I just put up my dish 500 with DP Dual around back, and brought my wire to the front where everything was grounded. I re-routed his cables from the 300 and 500 through new 3Ghz Ground blocks that I installed, and kicked his crooked hanging DP34 to the curb. I installed the DPP44 inside the cable service box. Plenty or room in there. From there, I replaced his nasty old blue PPC crimp ons (they were rusty inside), and bounced in the house.

All told, I was there for 3 hours, over an hour of that was wasted on the phone with E* and waiting for the reciever to download, then there was the time spent negotiating with the customer regarding dish location.

Can't wait to find out what I'll be paid, but I have a feeling it won't be worth the effort I put in. 3 hours on site, an hour there and back. We'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts