Installer Here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I have a couple of quick questions. The installer is here to setup my Hopper 3 and 5 Joey system. I was under the impression that the coax from the Dish to the Hopper 3 could not be split. He is telling me to run the Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys on one side of my house that he can split the coax going to the Hopper 3 and Joeys 4 ways. Does that sound right? I have a coax just for the Hopper and Ethernet where the Joeys would go but he told me that Ethernet will not work with the Hopper 3 and Joeys.

No the DISH goes to the Hub, one line then goes to the Hopper 3 the other line then goes to your joey's. You can use splitters on that line. Just make sure they are good quality. :)

No the DISH goes to the Hub, one line then goes to the Hopper 3 the other line then goes to your joey's. You can use splitters on that line. Just make sure they are good quality. :)
One other quick question. He is going to have to split it twice.

DISH - Spillter - One side of the splitter will go to another splitter that will go to two joeys the other side of the splitter would go to a splitter that would go to a Hopper 3 and 3 more joeys.
Will that work?

One other quick question. He is going to have to split it twice.

DISH - Spillter - One side of the splitter will go to another splitter that will go to two joeys the other side of the splitter would go to a splitter that would go to a Hopper 3 and 3 more joeys.
Will that work?

I was under the impression it would be a straight run from the splitter to the Hopper 3 and the other side of the splitter to a couple of joeys and then use ethernet for the other joeys I have but he told me Ethernet will not run the Joeys

You can use a Hybrid Tap on the Hopper line if you have to add Joeys on that line.

I was under the impression it would be a straight run from the splitter to the Hopper 3 and the other side of the splitter to a couple of joeys and then use ethernet for the other joeys I have but he told me Ethernet will not run the Joeys
Though possible, Dish officially does not support ethernet to Joey.

Be careful with too many parts in between the LNB and the receivers. I believe there is a rule for how many as it can cut the Moca signal down too low. I'm a little concerned with the quality of tech you have.

It must be a stright run from the Hub to the Hopper 3.

This is direct from the Hybrid wiring thread:
upload_2016-2-4_13-53-38.png

It's is being installed like that. Except I have a line to the Hopper 3 and then he is coming out of that tap and splitting it with a three way to go to three Joeys. So it's a Hopper 3 and three Joey's on that one line coming from the host hub outside.

I see in your first post there's other Joeys too, so what he's doing might be the best way.

I would use a 3 way Holland HFS3 splitter on one of those "to client" ports on that hub rather than a tap, but that's just me. That way there would be no break in the line to the Hopper 3 server.

I would use a 3 way Holland HFS3 splitter on one of those "to client" ports on that hub rather than a tap, but that's just me. That way there would be no break in the line to the Hopper 3 server.
What will the setup be for me? Only getting a Hopper 3 and Joey 2.0. Currently have a Hopper w/SLING and Super Joey. Single line for the Hopper w/SLING and Super Joey has a single line as well. Will the tech have to run more wires into the home? Both of these receivers the coax cable currently comes out of wall plates. Im afraid the tech will have to fish more wires into the home??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts