installer in the house?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robk299

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Cahokia, IL
I'm thinking of getting the Dish hd only package, and was wondering if it is necessary for the installer to come in the house? I have two dogs and a very messy house. I had cable before so I already have all the coaxial wiring throughout. Is setting up the Dish hd receiver as easy as a cable box? If so, I know I can set it up myself.

Unless you have hundreds of emaciated animals laying around, I wouldn't panic over a mess. You would be amazed at what installers have had to step into to do an install!

showletter9.jpg

i've been into ALOT of messy houses as a Dish installer and an Orkin tech and as long as its neat clutter and can get to where the jack's are thats all that matters really

Unless you have hundreds of emaciated animals laying around, I wouldn't panic over a mess. You would be amazed at what installers have had to step into to do an install!

showletter9.jpg

Is that a picture available on the web, or have you actually seen that in person? Thats just incredible...im speechless.

I'm thinking of getting the Dish hd only package, and was wondering if it is necessary for the installer to come in the house? I have two dogs and a very messy house. I had cable before so I already have all the coaxial wiring throughout. Is setting up the Dish hd receiver as easy as a cable box? If so, I know I can set it up myself.

Ain't gonna happen. Installer must come in. If you don't want installer to come in, go to your nearest retailer, buy your receivers and Dish from him at full price, and go home and install it yourself.. Rather pricey. But it will get what you want.

. . . I have two dogs . . .

I am not sure if it is a Dish policy or that of the local contractors, but I was told that my dog had to be secure in another room. While I thought it was because I had a pit-mix, he said whether it is a Yorkie or a Pit-Bull, they need to be in another room for the installers safety.

probably a contractor thing. If an installer had to worry about dogs they'd never get any installs in this area, you can probably walk outside on my porch right now and trip over 3 dogs, that AREN'T mine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)