installer refused to install - suggestions?

I'm a installer at dish and i would say the reason he didn't do it is because he doesn't want a trouble call. We do get paid by the hour and they have recently dropped our workload so i can get a lot more done without having to worry about my next job. The installer probably didn't see 3 degrees of clearance so he no lined it. trouble calls affect a lot at dish I.E. promotion, pay increase.....

I am an in-house tech and get paid by the hour. Trenching from 1 to 200 feet free. Pole mounts free. Attic and crawl space work free. It has to go in the ground if you show up unless its los issue. Now we have eastern arc for that. I rarely ever dont do an install.

I would call dish and try again. There is no reason to do this job. Trenching is a piece of cake. I cement the pole in the ground and while the cement is hardening I trench the cable. If the guy refuses to bury it the cable or if he does not do work up to your standards, call in a trouble call the next day. I am a QAS, I'll have the guy go out and do it again right.

Pshaw! Of COURSE not!

oh BTW I am a previous customer so he is not making much for the install - could this be his reason?

why an installer would NEVER do such a thing! absolutely not! Customer service is their middle name!

and if you believe that, I got some swamp land in the Sahara Desert you might find attractive ..

i'm being sarcastic, sorry, I've just been burnt by too many of them lately. I apologize if I've offended any installers here. I know that most all of you are hard working people who treat your customers fairly and in turn expect the same. I just haven't been the recipient of that from DISH "installers" lately ..

I would call dish and try again. There is no reason to do this job. Trenching is a piece of cake. I cement the pole in the ground and while the cement is hardening I trench the cable. If the guy refuses to bury it the cable or if he does not do work up to your standards, call in a trouble call the next day. I am a QAS, I'll have the guy go out and do it again right.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha QAS! The guys that can't make it as techs!!!!:eek:

That's crap.

We're suppose to do installs according to Dish's standards, not the customer's standards.

If we did installs the way some customers wanted, we would be failing QASs left and right.

We are to please the customer within our standards.

To the OP, this has nothing to do with your situation. 60 feet is well within specs. Only line-of-sight or digsafe issues would be legit reasons not to put it there. Feel free to call and see if you can get a 2nd opinion.

Last edited:
inhouse in my area they make us put all jobs in unless NLOS and you better be absolutely sure about that. Yes, they also make us pole mount, trench any lengths that will still work, attic, crawl, wall fish, etc., whatever it takes for free, despite what they call "standard installations". Although NLOS includes 5 degrees clearance each side/up/down of satellites. Basically ALL jobs go in nowadays. Rarely is one not done.

Any jobs that cannot be done for ANY reason we must make all attempts to contact customer, then contact FSMs, Dispatch, who also exhausts all contacts to customer, and finally our IMs with in depth detailed reasons why it cannot be done, even if customers are not home or you roll to an empty lot. Even then we are told to roll back to the job if the customer calls in or is contacted after the fact. If its a mover you also roll to the old address even.....did all this myself last week and for us it is standard protocol now.

It is what it is......what a slogan.....almost better than soon! (

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)