Installers took old LNB

Old dishes are good for something!

I don't see the big deal, lol. It's kinda ghetto though that he'd leave you the dishes and take the LNBs, if you're gonna take the LNBs take the @*#% dishes too.
And do what with them?..Fill up my rollout garbage container?..Sorry I am required to take the LNB on an upgrade and that's all. I am not in the business of disposing other's trash for them.

When my sister upgraded the tech had to put new a dish on the roof to get the line of sight he needed. The old dish had been on a pole in her backyard. He took the LNB for a return, but left the dish on the pole in the middle of the backyard. No problem though, she just painted it green planted some shrubs around it and adjusted the angle so it was pointing straight up... Voila! A nice new birdbath. Birds love it too, FWIW. :D

BTW: my first post!

Not a word for this use, is used improperly by many as is irregardless which is not a word at all. Use note instead. No disrespect intended, just trying to help.
Definition:
no·tate (n?'t?t) - To put into notation (verb)
no·ta·tion (n?-t?'sh?n) - A brief note; an annotation: marginal notations. A brief record written as an aid to the memory: memorandum, note. Informal memo. (noun)
I think we all know what was meant - looks like he could make a case for his use of the verb notate.

The old Dish you can keep. For an HD upgrade the Tech is required by dish to RA the old LNB. If we don't we get charged back for the new dish and LNB. It sucks when you do an upgrade and end up paying to do the work.

That is something someone should have told me then. I could have given them the old Twin LNB that came from dish500 originally.

The fact is, they took something without asking, or telling. And it sure has heck wasn't noted in anything I signed.

Dish's requirements of Installers do not my problem make. It doesn't remove the responsibility for proper communication from the installer.

Like I said, I didn't feel a need to make any kind of deal over it as I have learned so far that I'm willing to put up with an large amount of B.s. and still stay with Dish.

OK...fine. So I will now own the dish and receiver, and not be leasing it? I'd be fine with that.

Agreed. I own a Chevy truck. If I lease a new Chevy Truck today, Chevy doesn't take my old truck that I own.

The "free" equipment Dish is upgrading to is a LEASE, that I pay for every month. The old equipment I purchased for $499 back in 11/1997. It's a silly policy to take owned equipment and replace it with leased equipment. Dish doesn't tell the customer up front that they have to turn in the old equipment. And I upgraded to HD via the executive office, so it wasn't a case of a CSR that didn't know better.

All the installers keep saying the old LNB's are worthless. That being the case, what the heck does Dish want with them? :D

Yours is a perfect example of what I have been refering to..Your job was an Upgrade..I assume to HD...One of the requirements of the job copmleteion is that the tech collects the LNB. This LNB is returned to the warehouse and is sent back to Dish. In these cases a with upgrades we must return the exisiting LNB to Dish or Dish will NOT pay us for the job..The tech is following proper procedure.

So when I upgraded to HD last year using 110, 119, & 61.5 by your logic they should have taken the LNBs and left me signalless? :) Sorry couldn't resist.

Later they did come and switch me to DPP44 from a DP switch when I re-added a Dishplayer.... Still in use today too.And now I have a free feed coming into the house. The other 3 feed the Dishplayer, a 721 and a 622.

I'm guessing when you say HD upgrade you're really talking about the Dish itself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)