installing a 3rd Hopper?

You could use the three-way splitter then connect the Joeys to the splitter, freeing up the client port then use a jumper cable between the two nodes. A Solo Node would be more ideal for the third Hopper but with the Duo Node at least you're prepared for a fourth Hopper if you ever wanted it. Make sure you have 75-ohm terminators on all unused node/splitter ports and good RG6 on all receivers with decent compression connectors on all ends. Also make sure any unnecessary splitters are taken out and that the necessary splitters are of good quality.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

It wouldn't free up a client port totally as there are 2 joeys on each port on that node already. There would still be one joey left on the other port. The 2nd dual node that I need to connect to has 4 joeys connected to it. I just wondering if connecting a jumper from one client port on one node to another the client port on the 2nd node will still work if that 2nd port is shared with 2 joeys via a splitter, basically.

OK so you have 3H/5J? In that case move one of the Joey pairs to the new node and use the 3-way splitter to add the new Joey. Then use the jumper across the nodes and terminate the free HOST port with a 75-ohm terminator. As previously stated make sure a cabling is good RG6 and has decent compression connectors on all ends. Also make sure the splitter is a good quality splitter (900MHz.)

Your original proposition woud work I'm sure but I think you'd have better MoCA signals if you do it this way.

OK so you have 3H/5J? In that case move one of the Joey pairs to the new node and use the 3-way splitter to add the new Joey. Then use the jumper across the nodes and terminate the free HOST port with a 75-ohm terminator. As previously stated make sure a cabling is good RG6 and has decent compression connectors on all ends. Also make sure the splitter is a good quality splitter (900MHz.)

Your original proposition would work I'm sure but I think you'd have better MoCA signals if you do it this way.

Running a jumper and putting 2 joeys and one end of the jumper on one 3 way splitter together worked fine. Can see all 3 hoppers now. The Dish installer didn't think it was possible for all 3 hoppers to see each other (it was his first 3 hopper install)..you guys rock!

Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)