SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I bought a 6 footer without knowing that I ran out of space where to put it,
the only place left is a 25 feet wall that is facing south

Can it be possible to install a Stationary 6 footer on up the side of the wall
or is it to heavy and the clamps will bend if attempted

Its this one but a 6 footer
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Fortec-Star/Dishes/240CM-C-Band-Dish-sample.gif

I already have another 2 6 footers 1 1.5 Mt and a 10 footer that is covering a lot of space behind it so I don’t have any space left, makes me want to live on a ranch out the in the boonies where I can put all the dishes I can.

It is a pretty heavy dish, if you're referring to the SD180G from Sadoun. What type of support stand (or pole) were you considering using? Since these dishes are solid, there's plenty of wind load as well. Just a couple of things to consider...

If using the mount/stand that comes with it, Why not?

That mount is intended to take some wind loading. So it ought to handle the force of its own weight, plus some wind...

Plus, with it mounted on a wall - the wall will take a fair amount of any wind force. - except wind parallel to the wall...

Here are some pictures showing what can happen with a 6' dish on a wall mount steel post with tripods in unusual heavy winds in Northern California (70 - 80+ mph gusts). The replacement mount was built by a local fab shop supports the GEOSATpro 1.8M on the front of our building.

I have a photo showing 4 of our warehouse guys doing chin-ups after the dish was mounted, but can't find the shot. :(

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1.8M-Edge-Damage.jpg
    1.8M-Edge-Damage.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 1.8M-Front-Damage.jpg
    1.8M-Front-Damage.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 101_3647.JPG
    101_3647.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 101_3661.JPG
    101_3661.JPG
    853.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 101_3656.JPG
    101_3656.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 190
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)