installing a actuator on a 6'ft dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goodmi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
earth
one question, when installing the actuator do you tighting the two screws that is holding the actuator itself at the longer end,so that it can move to the bottom at the motor side?i am locked in to 83w with actuator all the way in and it cannot go father east to sat 85w,87w,etc.thanks

When you install the actuator, you want it extended halfway at the center of your arc ( the true south point) . That will give you the maximum traverse to the east and west. Extend the actuator to the mid-point, rotate the dish mount so the dish is aimed at true south, then snug down the mount, and fine tune you true south satellite position. :) Post pictures of your setup if you can. It will help a lot. :)

- Is your actuator on the east or the west side of the mount?
- What is your true south sat? ( what's your longitude?)
- If you can post a good picture from the rear of the dish, someone might be able to mark it up to help you. ;)

Edit: or do what Brent said above. :)

iPhone 4

actuator on the east side,true south is 83w donot know how to upload pictures,thanks i going to try what brentb636 say tomorrow.have app on iphone very confuseing to upload.

goodmi said:
actuator on the east side,true south is 83w donot know how to upload pictures,thanks i going to try what brentb636 say tomorrow.have app on iphone very confuseing to upload.

This is the picture

Attachments

• image-1110034714.jpg
    image-1110034714.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 317
Your actuator is attached to the West side of the dish!

Let me add one thing to what Brent said:
When you install the actuator, you want it extended halfway at the center of your arc ( the true south point) . That will give you the maximum traverse to the east and west. Extend the actuator to the mid-point, rotate the dish mount so the dish is aimed at true south, then snug down the mount, and fine tune you true south satellite position.
... and that is:
When initially setting the dish to TS, be sure the mount is adjusted so dish is at the top of the arc.

thanks you all guys i think i got it right now.i will test tomorrow.

hi how are you am the same boat so far am doing theres two thing need to be match actuator and the signal many people use 72 amc 6 for true south let me give you this frenquency on amc 6 full signal on it frequency 12055 v 6890 make sure you get a good reciever to get it some receiver depend will not get it this is ku band nbc mux feed good for true south i was having the same problem with my actuator you need extend your actuator the part that move the dish on inch you just use you thunb with the other finger that what i do but is urge job i dont have any problem to get any sat okay about the two screne hold the dish you need to make sure the tight before you use any positioner the two big screw you see this where you adust you signal the big part is this this where you control f you dish can properly bind to west you need to be very carefull whend the dish bind to west and return to east if i who you i would put a a small tv outside wacthing you dish move if you dont turn out the part that move the dish one inch it wont go you will stuck in the middlle you slowly move out the gear the one turn the dish this where the secret is one more thing make sure you look in your actuator booklet just like the said use the swivel in hte corrrect place and under the neat use as much spacers you can both in the actuator arm inthe arm in the middle you will never get it if you dont turn the gearfrom the actuator out little bid the difficult part is whend the dish bind to west you need to make correction am just try to help you if you smart i would try play with the actuator get move and after you can concentrate on looking for signal put a small tv out side with your receiver that can you what going on on hte dish good luck

Looks a little strange. First thing I see though, is the lnbf supports are at the wrong spot. They should be about 6 inches in at the notches , by the first row of bolts. See my pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
Looks a little strange. First thing I see though, is the lnbf supports are at the wrong spot. They should be about 6 inches in at the notches , by the first row of bolts. See my pic.
Not the same dish Brent. Not the WSI 6' Special like yours But looking at the dish real close you can see the LNB supports are placed incorrectly. They need to placed 120° apart. if there are just three arms.

Not the same dish Brent. Not the WSI 6' Special like yours But looking at the dish real close you can see the LNB supports are placed incorrectly. They need to placed 120° apart. if there are just three arms.
Not WSI ? Explains why I thought it looked quite strange . :) I'd prefer to see the actuator mount attached to the dish at the horizontal axis, rather that somewhat higher, as it is. Seems the current positioning might result in a twisting torque motion , rather than a smooth push-pull along the axis.

i have a PowerMax PMA24 24 Inch C Band Dish Actuator.how do you reset limits? i had it going all the way out and in before i mount it to my 6'ft dish.now it only going halfway out,it will not extending all the way out.so i took it off and try to extend it,doing the same thing.so i extended it with my hands about three ins only then did it extended.but it will not go all the way in.is there a way i can reset this to no limits? pulling my hair out.

i have a PowerMax PMA24 24 Inch C Band Dish Actuator.how do you reset limits? i had it going all the way out and in before i mount it to my 6'ft dish.now it only going halfway out,it will not extending all the way out.so i took it off and try to extend it,doing the same thing.so i extended it with my hands about three ins only then did it extended.but it will not go all the way in.is there a way i can reset this to no limits? pulling my hair out.
You should be setting limits with your dish mover not by you physically pulling the actuator. Wish Dish mover do you own?

Babadem said:
You should be setting limits with your dish mover not by you physically pulling the actuator. Wish Dish mover do you own?

That's right badadem.but it keep stopping halfway,for instant I am at 83w so I extend the actuator at that position and attach it to dish scan in 83w and save.when I drive the dish farther east to get 58w! It stops at 72w and will not go,same for the w,keep stopping at 97w and that it.what am I doing wrong?

That's right badadem.but it keep stopping halfway,for instant I am at 83w so I extend the actuator at that position and attach it to dish scan in 83w and save.when I drive the dish farther east to get 58w! It stops at 72w and will not go,same for the w,keep stopping at 97w and that it.what am I doing wrong?

Read your dish mover manual on how to set limit on the mover. You forgot to mention which mover that you're using.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts