Installing a Superdish...

jbsengineer

Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Hello,

Currently I have just 1 reciever which is a DVR510 which gets programming through a Dish 500 Pro. Excuse me if my question is completely OUT there. But what I want to do is be able to add the local channels which run on 121 out here.

Now I have an older Dish 500(not pro). Now if I kept the current Dish Pro @ 119 and 110. Could I line the old Dish 500(not pro) up to the 121. And feed the 3 lines into a DP34 and be all set? i've read that there are built in switches in the dish 500's maybe? would that matter...

Well if this is completly not possible i will bite the bullet and buy a SuperDish. How hard is a SuperDish to install btw? Any good sites or a forum post about how to install one?

Thanks Guys...

You definately can't use an old Dish 500. The 105 and 121 sats use a different frequency band (FSS instead of DBS) that requires about a 30 in. dish like a SuperDish. Now if you had such an extra dish and the right lnb, then maybe... Anyway, you'll need a SuperDish. As for installing it, I dunno.

Like larry said, it should be free or a small fee. It is actually $50 for a Superdish upgrade. If you call Dish or a local retailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)