Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Is there a proper way to do this and point the dish. I know the settings are correct on the dish as I can point it up and get my true south bird without the arm on. The actuator arm is fully in its down position and not extended. How do i hook this up to ensure I can see the whole arch, as well as point on my true south bird. :)

With the arm retracted, slide the arm in the clamp and get a lock on your western most Sat, then let it slide a little below to allow for adjustments.

With the arm retracted, slide the arm in the clamp and get a lock on your western most Sat, then let it slide a little below to allow for adjustments.
Exactly! This method will allow plenty of room for the eastern-most bird too.:)

You have to keep the geometry right or you can damage the arm. I can get on my 24" on my 12 foot dish from about 148W to 40w and thats pushing it.

Here's a pic of each of my C-band dishes arms. Both dishes are on my western-most bird, AMC-7. Hope it gives an idea of how to mount yours.:)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 141
Here's a pic of each of my C-band dishes arms. Both dishes are on my western-most bird, AMC-7. Hope it gives an idea of how to mount yours.:)

Thats the way mine is... Im wondering if I need to get a longer acutator arm. There was a longer one that came with the dish, versus the one that is on there now. Ill have to measure it. It seems like that the dish can go from 138 is to about 61.5 ish.

I did two things differently on my first big dish. I extended the Actuator out all the way, then in all the way, measured to center and made that center the due south position.

I also flipped the arm to the other side of the dish so that when I pushed the remote on the G-box the dish was going left when I pushed the left button.

I tried making that work on my Birdview by swapping the wire connections, but it didn't work. As a compass oriented person, it is more intuitive for me to have the dish move in the same direction as the remote button I'm pressing. Having it backwards on the Birdview is kind of disorienting when moving the dish.

My 7.5 (pic on left) goes from 139 to 58W. My 10ft (pic on right) goes from 139 or so,up to 72. 72 is the farthest east I've tried...it may go further east, but that's all I needed on that one.:)

Im not that far from you approx 60mi. Here is a picture of my 24" on my 12 foot yours should be set close to this if its a 24"

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 118
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)