Install's Inc. cancelled my antenna upgrade?

kawdog

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Ruston, Louisiana
I have been having a difficult time trying to get OTA from VOOM. On my initial install the OTA antenna was not even installed (it's a Wingard Sensar II), thanks to an email to Wilt, a man came out and installed the antenna but would not mount it on my roof (I have a two story house) since he said he was required to mount it on the dish arm. The problem was the dish is mounted on the fence and the antenna is not very far off the ground. On top of that, he did not correctly hook it up so the antenna could be powered by the dish. The result is I get no locals at all. I was lucky enough to talk to a CSR who would put me in a service call for an upgraded antenna and for it to be mounted on my roof, this was a month ago. Three install dates have come and went. Yesterday (the latest missed date) I talked to another CSR who scheduled this upgrade for next Friday. Well today I get a call from "Frisco, Tx." on the caller ID, my wife takes it since I am at work and it is the installer who leaves a number for me to call. I call the number when I get home and it is some financial group that sounds like it has nothing to do with sat., then I try to call the Frisco number and get some other weird business. Strangely, when I hang up the phone it rings again and it is a lady from Installs Inc., she explains that they have cancelled my upgrade (who?) because according to antennaweb.org I can only get one digital station and it is not worth the effort. She says this guy Chris? wants to talk to me about that and my LOS issues (huh?) and I should call him, she gives me the Frisco number again, I call it and get voice mail.

Needless to say at this point I am very frustrated. Is antennaweb.org God? Does this website know all? I live in Ruston, Louisiana, 30 miles from monroe, 30-45 miles from the towers. Monroe has six digital stations broadcasting from that area. I called VOOM again and was put on hold, then all the sudden I was being transferred to Install's Inc. again, then after awhile I was just cut off, no explanation. I tried VOOM again when I got home from work, this time the girl told me Install's Inc. had cancelled my upgrade work order because of the reason I explained, they did not think I was worthy of the time and effort because I "might" only get one station if any. How do they know? I told her I was promised an upgrade and install on my roof and I was not going to be lied to. She said she was going to fill out an escallation form and I would hear from VOOM within two days, I have heard that before. I have been escalated so many times I must be at the top by now. Should I contact Wilt again, or am I just out of luck.

And why are they getting someone from Texas to do my install, I am a long ways from there. Frisco is near Dallas, over 250 miles from my house.

kaw

Kaw,
If they are contracting someone from two hundred fifty miles away and are telling you incorrect information about your digital locals then they could possibly have an incorrect zip code for you. Even if it is only one digital I am pretty sure they are contrectually obligated to install the antenna, regardless. I think that emailing Wilt is probably the only option for you. I'm sure we all really appreciate his help but man, I sure do fell sorry for him sometimes. I guess he really earns his money.

they had my wrong zipcode and my original installer called from a few hundred miles away, needless to say that didn;t work out. Call and make sure they have the correct address and go to antennaweb yourself and look up your location

They have the right zip and address, and antenna web does show I only get one digital station, but it is not accurate. I just don't understand how they can say you will only get one until they try it, at least give me what you promised, an antenna upgrade and roof install. I hate to bother Wilt, it is sad he is the only one who can get things done.

kaw

Well it might have something to do with the fact that Monroe, LA, has two digital TV stations, , respectively. KNOE and KLTM, broadcasting at 5 kW and 6.7 kW. Broadcasts of such low power aren't going to reach you at 50 miles away.

El Dorado, AR, on the other hand, has two stations broadcasting at 822kW and 1000kW so they may be able to be received. I would say call Installs Inc back and point out that with a medium or long distance directional antenna pointed to the north you will probably be able to pick up El Dorado locals.

Monroe also has KARD-DT broadcasting at 1000kw, this is the FOX affiliate and the main one I am interested in with football on the way. KAQY-DT is broadcasting from Columbia as well and it is 1000kw. I guess if I do not hear back from VOOM tomorrow I will email Wilt, they said they would contact me within two days. Thanks for the advice everyone.

kaw

i feel yer pain. kaw! the people doing the field work for voom sucks! my install was in April, 2004. i have yet to enjoy 1 month of hassle-free HDTV with the crap voom put in my home. I am ready for a de-install!!!!

kawdog said:
Monroe also has KARD-DT broadcasting at 1000kw, this is the FOX affiliate and the main one I am interested in with football on the way. KAQY-DT is broadcasting from Columbia as well and it is 1000kw. I guess if I do not hear back from VOOM tomorrow I will email Wilt, they said they would contact me within two days. Thanks for the advice everyone.

kaw
Kaw
if i was you i would contact wilt again there is no reason that the tech didn't but this antenna on your home in the first place they could have used a different mount on your home. you also might call Installs and get the regional manger in your area and see if he can help you.

tyork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)