Installs Inc

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
Have any of you guys heard of installs inc. well they called here today because i made a service call for an amplifier to get my local upn 20 in washington d.c. The technician who installed it said all i needed was an amplifier so he told me to call voom and ask for the technician to come back and put in the amplifier. i did that and the day of the installation i get a call from Installs inc saying they will not approve the amplifier nor a upgraded antenna because it was not ABC, CBS, FOX, OR NBC. I asked what does that have to do with anything? they said that how it is. Im hoping Installs Inc is a local install company and not part of voom. did anyone else have this problem. i need upn for ACC TOURNAMENT.

Most if not all VOOM installations go through Installs Inc, unless you purchased VOOM through an independent reseller. Installs Inc. in turn subcontracts local installers.

why would they say they wont come out to fix antenna for UPN the customer service lady said i am supposed to get it. who are they to say what channels i should get that pissed me off. also i should be gettin baltimore channels. i should call back and tell them im not getting any baltimore channels. see what they say about that.

Installs, Inc.

Installs, Inc. is the primary contract installer for VOOM DBS. They are notorious for inadequate supervision and training of their sub, and subcontractors they utilize to facilitate installation services.

You must be persistent and firm. The installation is not complete until it is done correctly.

I should know, I am on my third antenna and receive all channels. I should. It took Installs, Inc. 11 visits to get it right. After a couple of conference calls and making it very clear VOOM DBS should not be billed back for incomplete service calls, Installs, Inc., didn't like it, but when VOOM confronted them with the churn, they immediately heeded and made absolutely sure the installation was completed correctly.

I'm under the assumption most clients were not as assertive when they were in fringe reception environments.

Contact Installs, Inc., ask for a supervisor and simply don't take no for an answer.
Call a VOOM CSR and voice Installs’, Inc. failure to facilitate your needs.

My installation includes the following:

Channel Master 8 bow-tie antenna
A/C powered pre-amp
24" parabolic antenna
Satellite line-amp

11 service calls, 11 inconvenient appointments to keep, 10 times I was clearly inconvenienced. I spoke my mind.

Do the same.

This is one of the primary reasons why VOOM DBS is in the present condition it is.

OK guys just to let you know that all approval has to go though voom not installs inc Most of the time when you called installs inc they are set up with pms with them and that's how they know if it can be approved so if you call installs it is voom that approves or disapproves of the upgrade.

ok i thought that because when i got installed the installer who was real good said that he didn't have an amplifier on him so he told me to call voom when i did a different company came out who didn't know anything about ota reception. he said he will put a new antenna up but all he had was this gigantic radio shack one and the one i have up there now you can barely see it looks like the db4 antenna. the db4 gets every ota station except upn 20. when i do a rf scan upn signal strength is 81%.( i have the Channel Master 8 bow-tie antenna)
i also still have the stealth antenna that picked up baltimore stations the installer said something about side reception or something like that. but he said if i get a combiner he will hook that back up.
so i will call voom back and tell them i want the amplifier hooked up and done by the same company that installed me.

when you call just make sure you let them know that you want the first installer that come out hopefully you have the company name cause if not they will send you the last insaller that was at you house.

Bradley, I work for a subcontractor of Installs inc. and let me tell you our hands are tied 99.9% of the time. MOST of us will do what it takes to get all OTA channels, but we must get it approved from Installs then they gotta pm it to voom and then its up to Voom. I carry the 8 bow-tie antenna (Channel Master 4228) on my truck. I have to call to get approval to use it! Wouldn't it have been easier for Voom to just say use it if you have to? Sure, but the way they are running it nothing makes sense anyways.

SatinstallerhatesVOOM said:
Bradley, I work for a subcontractor of Installs inc. and let me tell you our hands are tied 99.9% of the time. MOST of us will do what it takes to get all OTA channels, but we must get it approved from Installs then they gotta pm it to voom and then its up to Voom. I carry the 8 bow-tie antenna (Channel Master 4228) on my truck. I have to call to get approval to use it! Wouldn't it have been easier for Voom to just say use it if you have to? Sure, but the way they are running it nothing makes sense anyways.

Well I can tell you that of the two installers that have come to my house for OTA reception problems, only the second had a clue as to what he was doing (trust me I know because I am a D* installer and have done numerous OTA antenna installs, would have done this one except I broke my ankle and it's not too safe to be up on a ladder with your foot in a cast).
The first guy to come out had no clue as to how to even aim the antenna (Winegard GS2200, kinda of a wing looking antenna). With the first antenna I was only able to get PBS, WG, Fox and occationally CBS. The second guy showed up with a 4 bay antenna w/power supply. It does a little better, but I still can't get ABC at all and NBC pix's out constantly. He said if I wasn't satisfied I should call Voom and request a 8 bay antenna. I've got a huge white oak on the other end of the house which I think is the real problem as I am only 12-14 miles from the furthest TV station. I figure that once I get the cast off (they are supposed to remove it this afternoon, yippie!) then I will relocate the original antenna to a light post on the other side of the big tree and see if I can pick up ABC (really dying to see LOST in HD).

i called voom and asked for an upgrade antenna for upn 20 they said its not broadcast in digital format yet but it is. at this time they broadcast at low power. so voom said i cant get it so i told them i don't get baltimore channels even though i dont need them but they said they will send someone to fix the antenna to get baltimore channels.
also I asked about new channels they said sometime in march they will be adding new channels but he said nothing specific on what channels but mentioned something about our new satellite will be going up letting us add more channels. i think he was making that up. my concern is what is up with the dvr it went from january to march now june does anybody have the exact date on when it comes out and does anyone have any info on what channels will be added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)