Instructions for Adding the 61.5 - revised 05/04

did you try changing the inputs from the sat in to the dp44 and performing a check switch everytime after you added one Sat input?
I had this experience when the installer came to get my Super dish pro working. After several trials it finally worked.
Hope this helps.

Matt :)

Matt,

Thanks for the response. I did try that and I also tried running only 61.5 through the DPP44 with no success.

goingcrazy,
sorry to hear that you are having problems too. It is very frustrating to finally have some HD content to watch and I can't recieve it.

Larrystotler,
A big Thank You! After a few adventures and a few times re-reading your primer, we got my Voom channels back on my new Dish receiver last night. A DP444 off of E-bay and 3 dishes pointing at 110/119, 148 and 61.5 did the trick. Voomin' again! Bucky

61.5 with dishpro

Hi
I have DP44 switch. With 3 inputs my 105 superdish for american top 50 and local programs and 1 input from 61.5 through a separate dish. the system was working fine until I decided to change the location of this second dish pointing to 61.5. I have tried everything I can but I just don't seem to get any signal from this sattelite. Is there something special I need to do to reinstall this second dish, LIKE UNINSTALLING THE SUPERDISH??????????????????????
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED

OK- first let me say that VOOM was prob. the best television that I have ever watched. I would like it back please :)

I am a bit rusty at all this and don't really know what all the 3LA's are (three letter acronyms). Here is the equipment that I have. I have a superdish with a DP34. My old voom dish and OTA (I know that one) are still in place and the OTA currently feeds my 1 HD receiver. The second receiver that I have DOES NOT get the OTA channels. I have all 3 inputs used on my dp34 (110, 119, 121). I believe one of those is for the locals via sat. I would give this up for HD.

Now, I have an 811 hd box and the free dvr box. I would like both to get the OTA's and the 811 to get the additional HD channels. What do I need to buy and do I have to re-point the old VOOM dish to get 61.5?

I "think" I need to get a DP21 and put it like this SAT->DP34->DP21 (and connect VOOM)->hd receiver. Or is there an easier way... Thanks for any help...

So what signal strengths are people seeing from 61.5?

According to Dish, they want you to check transponder 29 on 61.5.

I'm sitting north of Chicago a bit and I get a 98 reading from my 811. I know these readouts vary between different receivers. This is using one of the small 18" Dish 300 dishes, legacy LNBs and switches, and a 170' cable run from the LNB to the 811, including through a surge protector, a grounding block, and a SW21 along the way.

you will be looking for the normal signal on 61.5 somewhere around 80+ t29 is the home transponder for 61.5 so you need that to get the guide, but you'll also need to check an even number transponder too.......

Does anyone know what are the limitations are for long cable runs between the 61.5 dish and the DPP Twin LNB?

My equipment includes a 61.5 dish hooked into a DPP Twin LNB at the 110/119 dish location. I have lots of trees in my yard, so the two dishes needed to be separated by a long cable run in order to get a signal on all satellites. The 61.5 dish is on the roof and 110/119 dish is located in the back yard.

The cable run between the 61.5 dish and the DPP Twin LNB is approximately 120’. The cable run between the DPP Twin LNB and my 942 receiver is approximately 120’. I’ve heard that the cable run between the DPP Twin LNB and receiver can be over 200’, but can’t find any information on the cable run limitation between 61.5 dish and the DPP Twin LNB.

The reason I’m asking this question is because I’m running into problems that requires me to run a check switch every night. Also, I often get the acquiring satellite message while watching TV. The message usually goes away after a few seconds, but it’s definitely annoying. I have reported the problem with Dish Network and they believe it’s a software problem. However, one of the satellite installers I know believes there may be cable run limitation.

DishPro(including DP+) has a 200 ft limit when using SOLID Copper Center RG6. This is E*'s official requirement. If you are using Copper Clad Steel Center, you may be losing voltage to the 61.5. I would suggest replacing with DP+44 to limit overall legnth. The DP+Twin is great if your dishes are side by side.....

Last edited:
larrystotler said:
DishPro(including DP+) has a 200 ft limit when using SOLID Copper Center RG6. This is E*'s official requirement. If you are using Copper Clad Steel Center, you may be loosing voltage to the 61.5. I would suggest replacing with DP+44 to limit overall legnth. The DP+Twin is great if your dishes are side by side.....
Thanks for the info and quick response.

I will note that Dish's recommendations tend to be on the conservative side, which they should be as that reduces the number of problems. I'm still using legacy gear and I've exceeded Dish's recommended cable runs by over 50' with no problems. The key to my success has been in using good quality cable, with both good center conductors and good connectors. I tried the same distance with a cheap cable and it didn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts