Instructions for Adding the 61.5 - revised 05/04

If you are not going to bother READING the first post in this thread, and then provide your current equipment(which I already know, but you need to POST it so I can be sure), and then realize what you are asking, then I'm not gonna help. The first post of this thread has pretty much all the info needed to do what you ask, as well as the 130 some replies.

Hey Guys
I have a DP+ Twin. I have the V* dish still pointed to the 61.5. I am working on getting the V* dish set up to get the V* channels. I have a DISHPro Dual LNBF on the way. I had to order one as no retailers in my area had one. I need info about the DP500 I bracket referenced in some of the above posts. None of the installers in this area know what I am asking for. Can you point me to a retailer or internet site where I can buy one. Thanks.

I just looked back at my last post and saw it could be construed as being against what Larry posted. It's not - I'm in FULL agreement with him!

The instructions were very helpful. Larry, thank you very much. I got my SW21s in the mail yesterday and installed the 110 dish and the switches today. Even with a little sun at 65 F, the roof gets hot! I am glad I got this out of the way before the warmer temps really register.

Ok, I have been through the instructions and the replies, and still think I have a question. I am running a superdish with a dp34 switch. I have a spare dish 500 with 2 SW21 switches on it that I could use to point at 61.5. My question is: what connections do I need to do? I thought that I read somewhere in here that the SW21 and DP34 can be mixed, but now I cannot find that. Perhaps it would be better to buy a DP21? Any issues with the LNBs that are on the D500 dish I need to worry about?

thanks for this.

High welcome to the site

A dp21 and dp34 can be mixed but not a sw21.

that part is in the first post also ;)

a setup must be all legacy or all dish pro, you cant mix.

thanks Bryan. I am feeding an 811 if that matters, also. I am going back and reading all the posts again now. things seem to get clearer the 3rd time. :)

I now see that I need to replace the LNB and switch to DP .....getting closer to it just being easier to pay E* the 100.00.......

voom

ok guys bear with me, i went on the roof and found out that i have a DISH500 With DISHPro Twin LNBF, if i get a another DISHPro Twin LNBF
with a dp 34 switch will it work and do i have to cover one of the lmb's
that are facing 61.5, the reason im asking this is because th twins are cheaper than the single, also is ebay my best bet for a dish,

I'd like to add my thanks to Larry for the detail on this thread.
It helped me add a third dish to get 61.5 as a fourth bird.
I had already undertaken upgrade of all lnb's from legacy to
dishpro, so it simplified my choices of how to solve the problem.

I've diagrammed it here.

-- Mark

edit: added URL

I would like to thank Larry as well. Got my DISH 500 dual legacy and VOOM dishes hooked up to an 811 and 4900, using two SW21's and a 21X. All working great, nice to be VOOMing again :clap . I can already tell the 811 a quirky little bugger though compared to the VOOM box :( .

After reading these posts several times + some trial and error this was my solution:
I used the original Voom dish, a LNBF, DP34 (both provided by my installer). The adapter given to me by my installer for the LNBF prevents the dish from "focusing" and results no/poor signal lock (it is 4 inches too long)
What I did was install the LNBF directly on the Voom bracket (using common duct tape to test the system) and viola I had the signal lock and the Voom channels.

My saturday project will be to build a better adapter to attach the LNBF to the dish.
** I will slot the arm in the top corners and bend back the top enough to attach the LNBF (which is "d" shapped not rectanglualr like the original Voom LNB) using a small bolt from the bottom and use a "c" clamp for extra stability.

Other information: I use a Channel master 4228 for OTA (wired directly into the house so I can use my 777 amp); 2 HDTV's with 811 receivers.

My installer had no experience hooking up 2 HDTV systems with an external OTA and amp but we worked together and got it working. He told me all of his installs use the dish provided locals - even on HDTV sets - ugh.

Thanks to Larry and others for technical assistance.

I am having voom/dish installed on saturday and would like some feedback on my attached diagram....does anyone know what dp switch they will install. I figured its all going to be dish pro equipment. Also does the rest of this look correct, is there E8 specific diplexors they will put on and if so whats the model? Thanks!

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 167
It's a waste to run the OTA to the 311. I would just use 2 diplexors of the power passing type, and hook up the antenna to each 811's line and then use 2 more diplexors at the receivers to split the signal back out. Using Power passing on both ports eliminates the need for the transformer to boost the OTA signal. Most OTAs can handle the 20Vs fine. Check your OTA manual for sure.

NiftyRed said:
... The adapter given to me by my installer for the LNBF prevents the dish from "focusing" and results no/poor signal lock (it is 4 inches too long)
What I did was install the LNBF directly on the Voom bracket (using common duct tape to test the system) and viola I had the signal lock and the Voom channels.

My saturday project will be to build a better adapter to attach the LNBF to the dish.
** I will slot the arm in the top corners and bend back the top enough to attach the LNBF (which is "d" shapped not rectanglualr like the original Voom LNB) using a small bolt from the bottom and use a "c" clamp for extra stability. ...
Why not just cut off the excess LNB arm length and drill a hole for a screw to attach the "I" adapter?

To determine the length, put the V* LNB back on, line up the "I" with the DP LNB next to it, and mark the arm, then measure how much more you need for overlap. :)

Could somebody please verify this:

I have:
1 Dish Pro - connected to 110,119 and 121 - with DP 34 switch connected to 1 811 and one 921 receiver.
To keep my old 522 receiver (which is not connected atm) - I am planning the following:
cascading my DP 34 switch to a second DP 34 switch - without the LNB for 121
getting a: SATELLITE DISH 500 KIT WITH DISH PRO TWIN LNB and using just one LNB aiming at 61.5 and run one line to the second cascaded DP 34 switch.
Then I would just connect my 811 and 921 receiver to that switch, which carries 110,119 and 61.5
and the other switch to my 522 - where all the tv's are connected which need 110,119 and 121.
Is my plan correct, or did I miss anything?
Thank you very much in advance.
Matt :)

Thank you very much for your very fast reply mdonnelly,
I'll let you know, as soon as it works.
Matt (in Tx - where the Longhorns are still upright-LOL ) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)