insufficient bandwidth

You do know it is legal ? correct?
I don't doubt that it's legal at all. My point was, if somebody runs Dish's speed test and it's over 10Mbps, then it would seem that Dish needs to fix the delivery of 4K VOD to that customer. Or, maybe it would be like the 2021 price changes page...it says one thing but means another.

im having issues watching ondemand 4k content i have a good internet connection with speed test and get 650mbs wired and 300mbps wireless. I called Dish and they stated contact xfinity. Does Xfinity throttle streams from Dish?
I have Spectrum, no caps and I get 115 down off wifi. No issues here with several people streaming at the same time.

No issues here with several people streaming at the same time.
Are you saying that several people are streaming On Demand content from Dish streamed from the Hopper 3, the stuff that is offered when you choose Channel 1, in particular 4K resolution content?
That's what cfkillers was having trouble with. Not to be confused with streaming from Roku boxes, smart TVs, etc.

Reactions: pattykay
So let's see... if cfkillers runs the suggested speed test on the Hopper 3 and the download speed is reasonable, then it would be up to Dish to determine what the problem is, right? I played around with requesting a free Dish on-demand 4k title and immediately got the Insufficient Bandwidth message. It's like it doesn't even try before issuing the message. I have 25Mbps service. Funny thing is, here is Dish's own web page stating that a minimum speed for 4K IP VOD content is 10Mbps (line 7). Many of us should be golden if requesting such content, it would seem. https://my.dish.com/support/general-speed-size
If you were able to get into the Router and reserve an IP for the Hopper, I bet it would end your problem.

lmao no bittirents anymore when i did speed test through dish got speeds around 280mbps. I have no idea whats going on ima give Dish another call.
Somehow I doubt that somebody paying for service that shows 650Mbps would be throttled to under Dish's stated minimum for 4K VOD which apparently is 10Mbps. That would be pretty serious throttling. But it's possible that cfkillers has been a bad actor with 100 simultaneous BitTorrent transfers going on 24 by 7 for the last 5 years, and Xfinity is just fed up. :biggrin

Reactions: pattykay and AZ.
THIS! When reserved the IP addresses of my dish equipment in my router admin settings it fixed all of my streaming issues on my H3 ( I wasn't doing 4k but had a host of issues viewing on-demand streaming content)
I'm glad you replied because I couldn't remember who it was on here that did that. It's what I did also maybe 2 years ago and it solved all my problems related to streaming on the hopper

I've had to use the onboard speed test to help diagnose OnDemand and MoCA issues. I'm so glad that it's there. Although I average, just ran a test, 490Mbps to 550Mbps I still have problems. I have a straight fiber line that is 940/940Mbps.

It’s probably mostly lousy components. It makes no sense for wireless to work better than wired, or for the system to work better if it has a dhcp reservation. I’ve noticed the software in these things is quite poor and very buggy. I don’t know what the underlying OS is, maybe some flavor of Linux. Lousy code plagues many of these types of devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)