Integrate my two cable things?

aychamo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I have Cox Digital Cable, it enters the TV by coaxial cable. Can I plug this into my Voom box into the thing where it would be picking up local channels? If so,.. which input on the back of the voom box would it be?

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing today. I'd like to know the answer as well. I have Cox also.

I doubt it, cause none of it would be mapped, also it would have to be digital like the new OTA tv signals... maybe it's in vooms future to map cable channels as well as anolog OTA channels, but I doubt that too, cause this is supposed to be for HD lovers, so anolog won't work...

Nope, won't work. This has been asked before and hasn't worked yet. The tuner in the Voom box is a digital OTA tuner which is not the same as the digital cable tuner in or connected to your TV. Even in the TV you would have to select between two different tuners to tune-in cable or OTA. What were you hoping would happen? Maybe there is some sort of work around.

Cable thru Voom?

I'm running Buckeye Cable, I'm going to try and see if I can get the HD channels from them thru the Voom box tonite. If not, I'll try running it strait to the box. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)