Integrating a DVD burner with the HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1rick

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Is there a way to record on the HR20 and then burn DVD's. It would be great to take stuff off the HR20 Hard Drive and the keep on DVD to watch later, increased storage space or watch on a computer when travelling - which I am doing every week!

thanks

rick

Sure... you can hook up an DVD-Recorder to the analog outputs of the HR20.
The output will only be 480i though.

thanks!

thanks! is there a wiring diagram somewhere that shows how to do this?

They were referring to a standalone DVD recorder, like a VCR. Just plug it into the outputs of the HR20 and you can record. But the limitation is 480i like mentioned.

When I used an RCA/S-video connector that plugs into the USB on the computer, the S-video that came through was good quality, however the sould was delyed by a few seconds when recording on the PC.

I know when I tried to transfer from my DV camcorder, I had similar trouble until I went with a Firewire cable to PC it worked fine.

So, is there a cable that on one end it has input for RCA audio, S-video, and on the other end would go to the PC's firewire input?

When I used an RCA/S-video connector that plugs into the USB on the computer, the S-video that came through was good quality, however the sould was delyed by a few seconds when recording on the PC.

I know when I tried to transfer from my DV camcorder, I had similar trouble until I went with a Firewire cable to PC it worked fine.

So, is there a cable that on one end it has input for RCA audio, S-video, and on the other end would go to the PC's firewire input?

There is NO firewire output available.

Jimbo

OK, I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy one of these recorders Panasonic DMR-ES25

It has the DV input for my Camcorder, and does DL DVD's, and also upconrts to high def.

My question however is this:
I currently have a Panasonic S55 now hooked up to my HDTV vis Component. Will I see any difference if I use the "Upscaling" properties it has, or will it be a wash?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)