Integrating TV2 output with cable input

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
What do I need to do this? I have tried a splitter in reverse with the 522's TV2 output on one side and the cable TV on the other, output to the other TVs in the house, but the TV2 is very snowy. I have the modulator set to cable channel 100, the cable company only goes up to about 69 or so.

I've looked into the "super home node" but wondering if something less expensive will do the job.

Doubtful. Even though TV2 is more powerful than normal, it's apparently still not powerful enough to overcome the cable line's static on channel 100. (If the company offers digital cable and/or cable modem, that might be what the "static" is; those are transmitted via unused cable channels.) You probably will need the "super home node" or something like it that has a "split point" between cable channels 69 and 100, so that 69 and below come from cable while 100 comes from the 522.

Does your cable require a box to decode/descramble the signal or does the cable just go into the TV or VCR? If it is the latter, you can use diplexers to send the TV2 output and the cable input down the same coax line - just remember you'll need atleast 2 diplexers to make it work - no different than diplexing OTA antenna signals...

farmsatguy said:
Does your cable require a box to decode/descramble the signal or does the cable just go into the TV or VCR? If it is the latter, you can use diplexers to send the TV2 output and the cable input down the same coax line - just remember you'll need atleast 2 diplexers to make it work - no different than diplexing OTA antenna signals...
Sorry, but this IS different. OTA/satellite diplexers involve two totally different bands--OTA/cable (below 900 MHz) and satellite inputs (950 MHz and up). However, he's talking about the TV2 *output*, which is also in the OTA/cable band. The "reverse splitter" approach won't work for him, so he'll need more expensive equipment that diplexes at a specific point in the OTA/cable band. The only way it could be cheapened is if he could reverse a VHF/UHF diplexer; then he could pick up VHF and nearby cable channels (or perhaps the output of a cable STB) on the VHF side, plus TV2 on the UHF side. (That shouldn't need diplexers on the TV end, unless he has old TVs with separate VHF and UHF terminals.)

You could try a 25dB amp on the output of TV2, this may allow you to overpower the cable co. signal. Simons suggestion of trying another channel is a good one. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)