Intel reportedly close to offering al a carte TV

Mines easy for me, I pay $100 or so a month and can watch everything I want, including sports. I know thats not everyone, but if you look at sub growth within satellite tv, people that want a few channels for a few bucks are in the minority. people are addicted to tv.

Just get a Mohu Leaf for your TV . This will pull in your local channels. I have ordered the latest one that will pull in channels from a 50 mile radius. I also ordered the stand for it . It is an indoor antenna. Has excellent ratings It is on the way. My contract ends with Directv ends on January 26 and I am going to cancel my account. Use the indoor antenna for locals and Netflix and Amazon for other programs. A lot cheaper than paying $84.98 a month and more with the increase in February. I have had enough.

Check out the Leaf here.

http://store.gomohu.com/the-leaf-ultimate-hdtv-antenna.html

dahenny like myself is further away than 50 miles.Plus we have a lot of tall peaks to deal with.Mohu leaf definitely wouldn't work very well here.

I'm using the 91XG right now, and it's an amazing antenna, but Grandfather Mtn, at 5945 ASL, is between me and the Charlotte, NC towers.

We as consumers could start by dropping down at least one level in our packages. It is drastic to ask everyone to completely cut the cord, but dropping down to a package that costs less would leave the networks with lower ratings, and the providers with less $$$. Of course the few of us that would actually do it wouldn't put a dent in the problem, but maybe if they keep raising the prices, we could see this start to happen. I know just from reading the Dish price increase post, that it sounds like a lot of people might be dropping the everything pack.

This is a very interesting. It's hard to pay over 200.00 a month after February. I am in the process of dropping to a 50.00 package and is mainly because too many channels are not available in our area. No EPIX, no Science Channel and many more. The reason for not to cancel is the DVR so I can record my Locals and others. $ 200.00 plus no way.

I think the DVR is helping push people to lower programming packs. Gone are the nights I used to flip around looking for something to watch. Now I have so many timers, I always have something to watch. This makes a lot of extra channels useless. I used to always have AEP now down to AT250 and thinking of going to AT200.

I think the DVR is helping push people to lower programming packs. Gone are the nights I used to flip around looking for something to watch. Now I have so many timers, I always have something to watch. This makes a lot of extra channels useless. I used to always have AEP now down to AT250 and thinking of going to AT200.

Exactly the same boat as me.

Exactly what I've been saying. Natural market pressures will dictate to the content owners changes in their business model.

This is a very interesting. It's hard to pay over 200.00 a month after February. I am in the process of dropping to a 50.00 package and is mainly because too many channels are not available in our area. No EPIX, no Science Channel and many more. The reason for not to cancel is the DVR so I can record my Locals and others. $ 200.00 plus no way.

If you are only having Dish for locals, Epix, and Science Channel, I believe that the Smart Pack would include Science Channel SD and locals in HD (where available and if you have HD equipment) and SD. I believe it will be $29.99/month soon. FMI: http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/smart-pack/ For Epix, there are two options. Epix 1, 2, 3, and Drive-In are in the $7/month a la carte Epix package. Otherwise, Epix 1, 2, and 3 are in the $10/month Blockbuster @ Home along with several other channels. FMI: http://www.dish.com/entertainment/blockbuster/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)