Intelsat 805...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
...at 55.5W. Has anyone gotten this satellite on a linear west actuator? I was wondering if it's possible on my 10 footer, without overextending the arm or flopping the dish...:eek: My 7.5 goes to 58w regularly, but the farthest east I drive the 10 is 72w for Nasa. Some DVB-S2 stuff on 55.5 I'd like to see....:hungry:

I'm at ~95W and I've hit the Fox mux on 58W with a linear west on my 7.5' Laser. It's been a couple of winters ago, a couple of the PowerVu ch's were English and ITC in for a while. I can only get signal that far over in the winter when the trees are bare. I've got just enough actuator left that 55.5W is probably possible, though I've never hit anything on it when I tried to.
Being in Florida, your should be in the optimal location for Atlantic birds. Take your 4D's RF remote out to the dish, be ready to catch it, and bump it until until you are happy with the positition, or chicken out......lol. The mechanical limit (microswitch) *should* keep you safe, but you never know til you put it to the test. On my 7.5', it loads the actuator pretty hard pulling it back up. I suspect a 10 footer would be even more difficult.
Let us know how you made out.

I only have 1 dish that is on a polar mount an Intelsat 9 @ 58 is push it, but can get it as long as not to windy here in South Fl., because that is 1 heavy solid dish, an have flop it before an it is a pain to recover, about 450lbs.

but you want Intelsat-805 which is only a few degrees over, I would tune in Intelsat-9 1st, (their is also some S2 stuff their) an check you're dish out side to see that it doesn't want to flop or getting close to, an if you are ok their give it a shot, but I would have some 1 by the dish just in case, so you don't bend the actuator tube. also you may need to move you're upper limit switch in the actuator, an if you get Intelsat-805, reset the switch so you don't ever over drive past it an flop you're dish.

or if you want to be sure not to hurt any thing you can always remove the actuator an re-bolt it on the other mount location for the east.

I have 36" actuators on both my 7.5' and 10' mesh Sami dishes.
I can get as far as intelsat 1R.
I can easily get I805 without flopping. I live
At true south 83w.

My south sat is 74, I can hit 137 on the west maybe even 139 got to try it, damn trees in the way! I use a 24" Venture and can go to NSS-10 easy, I think I can even hit 30 but got stuff in the way, my buddy has the same setup but can't go to the west as much so he adjusted the arm and can go to I think west 123 or so to around 23 on the east.

I have 36" actuators on both my 7.5' and 10' mesh Sami dishes.
I can get as far as intelsat 1R.
I can easily get I805 without flopping. I live
At true south 83w.
Do your Sami's have a centered pivot point or is it offset to one side? I got a 10' Sami with my 922 that I've never put back together and another ~7-8' that was given to me that I need to go take down. Both use the offset pivot point which looks like it could have some advantages and disadvantages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts