Intelsat 9/C 58W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ibbis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
not from but in central Mexico
Yesterday I finally hooked up my 6ft offset dish, put a bsc 632-2 lnb on it (which I bought about 18 month ago on sadoun)) and pointed it to 58ºW. My goal was to get DW.
After not more then 8 hrs (sunday) on my roof and an angry wife (my first C-band setup) I can luckily say that I had success. 60% Q on my Viewsat ultra. Not that bad.
Why my analogue sat meter (sadoun SF95L) always shows full level on c-band?

Now some questions:

On The List! are some PowerVu channels on 58ºW-C listed which seems to be in clear. Can they only been seen with a PowerVu receiver? Or are they encrypted?
I receive them but without video and audio.

What is a 4DTV receiver. Is it for DCII encryption? Lyngsat lists them as encrypted but are they?
I was looking around the forum but could not really find an answer to this. C-Band is completely new to me.

Also I was looking to get 103W AMC1 which I would prefer to PAS9, but it seems that I don't get it down here in Mexico with a 6ft. Any results on AMC1 near or south the border?

Also I've seen words like Muxx and Glorystar. Is there a short explanation on this terms?

P.S. Thanks to all contributers on this site.

Last edited:
Why my analogue sat meter (sadoun SF95L) always shows full level on c-band?
Try having the Meter behind the Dish, protected from the signal.
On The List! are some PowerVu channels on 58ºW-C listed which seems to be in clear. Can they only been seen with a PowerVu receiver? Or are they encrypted?
I receive them but without video and audio.
Lyngsat is not always up-to-date, can you list a specific channel?

Also I've seen words like Muxx and Glorystar. Is there a short explanation on this terms?
Mux = Multiplex, a group of channels.
Glorystar = http://www.glorystar.tv/

What is a 4DTV receiver. Is it for DCII encryption? Lyngsat lists them as encrypted but are they?
It's a Satellite receiver to receive programming, similar to DishNetwork / DirecTV, but using a C Band Dish.

Last edited:
Thanks LAK for your fast reply,

Try having the Meter behind the Dish, protected from the signal.
I'll try, that may be the trick.

Lyngsat is not always up-to-date, can you list a specific channel?
On TP 3721 V 27700 is for example
FOX East
FOX Central
FOX West
FOX Brasil
FOX Andean
FOX Brasil Dubbed
FOX Chile
Nat Geo Latin
Nat Geo PAL
Nat Geo Brasil

TheList shows Provider is PowerVu and Encryption is empty.

Mux = Multiplex, a group of channels.
I saw the word MUX in my PAS9 scan, but what can I do with this group of channels. How to get them?

It's a Satellite receiver to receive programming, similar to DishNetwork / DirecTV, but using a C Band Dish.
So I would need to subscribe this channels, correct?

So I would need to subscribe this channels, correct?
Yes, for most, there are some free DCII channels.

On TP 3721 V 27700 is for example
Encrypted.

I saw the word MUX in my PAS9 scan, but what can I do with this group of channels. How to get them?
Channels do not have to have the channels actual name. Some scan in as just the TP Frequency.
When scanning, if you have FTA Only or Free options, use that. Then the receiver will skip the Pay / Encrypted / Scrambled channels.

First, welcome to C band!
For a DCII sub you will need a 4DTV DSR905, 920 or 922. There is some ITC (in the clear) content in DCII format, but that shouldnt be your sole motivation for going 4DTV. There is an alternative C band DCII sub service that uses a refurb'd DSR410 and a dish fixed on W5/AMC18 at 105W. It does NOT, as I understand allow all of the ITC DCII channels to be recieved, but there are known to be ITC channels listed in their packages. Mike Kohl, a fellow C band enthusiast and member here is a re-seller of this setup. PM him or take a look at his site
Code:
 global-cm.net/
if you are interested in finding out more. Also, I dont know what if any restrictions may apply for non US based subscribers.

BTW, he has a comprehensive list of FTA channels for both C and Ku updated 3/17/9 on his site too. Good work Mike, thanks!

There are DCII commercial rx's that *can* get the ITC content available on Fleabay from time to time. Some of the guys here do that FTA mode as well and can help you better than I can.
PowerVu is DVB, therefor compatable mode wise with our FTA unit, but it is encrypted.
All of the video [sometimes :shh ] and some of the audio. Those TPs are great for finding specific birds, and are well documented in the various FTA lists available.
WE have a memeber here that is over in Baja, that piecemilled a Ku TVRO, and last I read was eyeballing an old C band dish he spotted at a local cantina I believe he said. Come to think of it I dont think Ive heard from Mike since he was headed to that cantina...................hmmmm.
Oh Miikeey boy, you didnt eat the worm did ya?
I dont know the footprints for the popular english programming FTA birds, but it is safe to say that a 6 footer on the edge of a CONUS ( continental US) beam is going to be problematic to say the least. Maybe you can get lucky and spot a 7.5 (min) to 10 footer that you can deal someone out of for a few pesos.
I got a 10 footer for my ex, not the best deal I ever made but it wasnt bad. Just a thought............:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)