Intelsat 903 at 34.5°W and Telstar 11N at 37.6°W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will like to ask if you are able to get c band channels on 34.5w. I am thinking of getting a 6ft dish so that i can watch some Nigerian channels there.

Those are aimed at NE Zone, Which is mostly Sub Saharan regions of Africa down to South Africa. See SatBeams, click on NE Zone for more details.

Babadem said:
Those are aimed at NE Zone, Which is mostly Sub Saharan regions of Africa down to South Africa. See SatBeams, click on NE Zone for more details.

So, it is not possible to get 34.5w sat in the U.S?

Babadem said:
The satellite is visible from my location here in the U.S.A., but depends if there are any beams directed toward the U.S.A.

I'm in Central Maryland not too for from D.C. The link for satbeam didn't show 34.5w on any u.s or north America.

I'm in Central Maryland not too for from D.C. The link for satbeam didn't show 34.5w on any u.s or north America.
Right! Nothing directed at North America, but the satellite is visible from here in case they at some point steer a beam towards USA.

Circular C-band L.O. Setting

Just to confirm. The L.O. for circular C-Band frequencies is also 5150? I mean those C-Band frequencies with R and L, instead of H and V.

LO is determined by the specs of your LNB, not which satellite it's pointed at.

Based my questions based on

Input Frequency: 3.4-4.2GHz
Output Frequency: 950-1750MHz
Polarity: (Hor/Ver/LC/RC)

My point was, if 5150 is working for you now, it will work for that LNB regardless of satellite.

If you get a new circular LNB for those different satellites, it may (or may not) require a different LO.

I know it's been a while, ( I have set up the 6ft bargain dish and now trying to set up sat positions) can you confirm if those parameters you stated above are still active. I spent close to 2hrs this evening, but failed to lock on anything on 37.5°W. If anyone can confirm this or give me new frequencies, I will appreciate it.

I was just on 37.5C this morning doing some fresh scans on the Manhattan. Didn't see Metro, but Silverbird was quite strong here in Michigan.

3774 V 1794

This sat uses linear polarity, not circular.

I was just on 37.5C this morning doing some fresh scans on the Manhattan. Didn't see Metro, but Silverbird was quite strong here in Michigan.

3774 V 1794

This sat uses linear polarity, not circular.

Thanks, PIXL! :D That's my original channel of interest on that bird. I will go back and rescan that bird with these new coordinates you posted!! What was the signal Quality you got on the transponder?

Note: I noticed you have it as 3774 V 1794 SR, but Lyngsat has it a being Horizontal not Vertical. Are you sure it wasn't a typo on your side?

Last edited:
Ok, looking at it right now, down in level from this morning now S 88% Q at 15%. But the Manhattan reports this as a DVB S-2 8PSK and it will bounce quite low and still be watchable, this also makes it harder to find. Try first for another TP that is DVB-S ( 4172 V 8888) very strong at S 88, Q 78. The channels are $ but easy to lock this TP, peak up then try for Silverbird.

Silverbird polarity is Vertical.

Thanks for the info Pixl, will definitely try for 37.5 next time I hook up the BV solid and the 7.5' Unimesh, can't see that far east with the other BUDs.

Ok, looking at it right now, down in level from this morning now S 88% Q at 15%. But the Manhattan reports this as a DVB S-2 8PSK and it will bounce quite low and still be watchable, this also makes it harder to find. Try first for another TP that is DVB-S ( 4172 V 8888) very strong at S 88, Q 78. The channels are $ but easy to lock this TP, peak up then try for Silverbird.

Silverbird polarity is Vertical.
Thanks again for verifying the polarity. :)

Using the WSI 6ft bargain dish, SatHero 200 and S10 yesterday, I locked on both Metro TV and Silver Bird on 37.5°W!!! :D Silver Bird had a signal Q of less than 20 but locked and displayed video!:D Also Merto TV was Alive and Kicking at 70% Q! It should be noted that the polarity for Silver bird and Metro TV are"V" instead of "H" as reported by Lyngsat. Thanks to Pixl for pointing me to the right direction.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)