interactive weather channel

jhall2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
i am having problems with my 612 receiver while i am using the interactive weather on the weather channel. it loads good but since the app doesn't support widescreen tvs it puts the black bars on the edge of the screen. so my problem is when i exit the app the black bars on the edge stay and will not leave without doing a reset on the receiver i have tried pushing the format button and still it will not go away. is there any fix for this without having to reset receiver?

I had not used the interactive feature in some time, until last week. I noticed on my 722k that it now makes a more "graceful" entry and exit - I only wish the interactive feature was available on TWC's HD channel.

it works great on my 722k also just not my 612 i even tried changing the cables cause it was hook up through component cables and switched it to hdmi and still same issue

This appears to be a new issue since the software update. I don't know if it's every time, but the two times I did interactive (QVC I think) I had the same thing happen. Took me awhile to figure out what was going on. Reset fixed it.

This appears to be a new issue since the software update. I don't know if it's every time, but the two times I did interactive (QVC I think) I had the same thing happen. Took me awhile to figure out what was going on. Reset fixed it.

If you would like to send me your account # in a PM, I will get the issue reported for the ViP612 format issue with the interactive menus. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts