Interested in BrasilSat - FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TNelson

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
Hi all and thanks in advanced.

Iam not new to satellite (dtv-dish etc) but 100% new to FTA.

I have been reading a lot in this forums, great info, very interesting but the more I read the more confused I get. So i decided to cut the chase and post what I would like to accomplish and hopefully a few can help.

Here I go...

Iam interested in channels from Brazil.

So atleast I know that there is Brasilsat b1,b2,b3 and b4

I also know that they are c - band? so i will need a big dish.

Thats all I know.

What I would like is advice on the complete equipment you's the experts would recommend so that I can get this channels. I only need one brasilsat... I think brasilsat b1 would have the most channels.

Based on lyngsat I could get 30 free analog and 25 free digital?

Iam located in the state of Florida, USA

Let me have it guys! :hungry:

Thanks,
TNelson.

Hello WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Looks like most of the channels on the Brasilsat satellites are on a national beam :(

http://www.starone.com.br/starone/satelites_brsat2.php

Some are on a regional beam with no details/link under BEAM on the Lyngsat chart. You NEED to be in the footprint area before you will get any FTA channels.

For C-band you will need at least a 6' dish (bigger would be better) and MPEG2 receiver slaved to an analog receiver. You will also need a C-Band LNBF.

Last edited:
TNelson said:
Thanks PSB

So bottom line is .... ?

I wont get this channels?

:mad: :( :mad: :( :confused:

Unless you live in or near brazil, you won't get any of the BrasilSats.
If you had a 30 foot dish and lived in Key West, you might have a chance though.

The best but not cheapset option, in North America, is Dish Network. They have Globo and Record International.

Thanks guys,

Its not good news but alteast I avoided trying to do it. Just got to see what I can get that would be of good use for me before y try this fta stuff.

Iam a satellite installer so I thought this would be a good idea to promote locally since there are so manu brazilians in my area. Just got to find another crowd..... or another trade.......:D

About 5-6 years ago, I noticed the beam of one of the Brasilsats reached Florida. Forget which one.

I was curious about that, because why would Brasilsat beam to Florida? A co-worker from Brasil told me that there were lots of Brasilians living in Florida.

rangers00 said:
About 5-6 years ago, I noticed the beam of one of the Brasilsats reached Florida. Forget which one.
I was curious about that, because why would Brasilsat beam to Florida? A co-worker from Brasil told me that there were lots of Brasilians living in Florida.

None of the current Brasilssats have a North American beam.
This is the satellite you probably saw. It was annouced a few years ago and it is scheduled to launch soon.
Star One Series Satellite

These odd beams are sometimes used for data and telephone transmissions to other parts of the world or as downlinks for retransmission.

More Info on the Star One Series

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)