Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinnySem

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Milford, CT
Hi everyone,
I am a former DirecTV subscriber, I switched to cable recently (better hi-def offerings). I still have the 24" oval triple-LNB dish on my roof. Is it possible to use this dish in a free-to-air setup? I imagine re-pointing the dish and/or replacing the LNBs may be involved.

Thanks for all the pointers.

The Phase III will not work very well for FTA. Best thing is to get a 30" or larger dish. The Phase III dish will work for the audio on ExpressVu & Dish Network (sans Sirius) and things like NASA and Angel One.

Blech, that sucks.

Is there a way, with FTA satellite, to get out-of-market NFL games LEGALLY? I'm a Vikings fan and I loved Sunday Ticket last year, but I can't justify the price anymore.

Thanks again for all the info.

not all of them

some may be...the 2 against Detroit would be (since the FOX from Marquette, Mi is on there)..I think they had 4 vikes games last year on there

You not close enought to get the Vikes unless you have NFLST?

I'm in Connecticut, unless they are on a national game or play someone local, I'm SOL.

Is the FOX affilliate for the Twin Cities area carried on a satellite that I would be able to legally access?

Feeds come and go all the time. A receiver with Blind Scan is the best answer! :)

Rule of thumb for what games are on FTA is somewhat simple but can get fuzzy :D
But this is my best guess for the Vikes (I’m in MN so I can see them regardless)

WMQF is the FOX in Marquette, MI. They show the Lions games. Since the Vikes play them twice, so those two for sure will be there (Nov 6 & Dec 4)

KUIL is the FOX in Beaumont, TX…they show either the Saints, Texans or Cowboys. Mostly the Saints. So the 9/25 game should be on…Detroit is off so WMQF may show that game. They usually show a NFC Central game if Detroit is off

KPBI is the FOX in Ft Smith Arkansas and shows really any game they want but mostly Cowboys or Rams

The Oct 2nd game is at 3:00 so it might be a GOTW, which most the FOX stations would show

They play on Nat’l TV twice (11/21 & 12/25)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts