interested in signing up for dishnetwork

tyrone1

Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
So. Cali
I am interested in signing up for dish network. I have a few questions.

We already have analogue cable tv so we would like to get this in addition running side by side...

We want to install it for 4 tv's in our home.. What is the best way for this? Order 3 additional boxes???

Will dish network come and install the dish and wiring and boxes???

Also we have only 1 internet telephone here. Someone told me each box will need to call dishnetwork nightly to keep the guide listings up to date... How would this be possible with only 1 phone jack in the house......

I found this dishpronto website.. are they legit?? I'm located in Southern California...

Thanks for your help.......

Call DishStore.NETT on Monday and they will take care of you.

The phoneline does not download the guide data that is sent via the satellite. A phone line is needed for ordering Pay Per View movies. Many of us no longer have home phone lines and have no issues.

If you're keeping cable TV too, make sure you tell the installer not to re-use your orginal cable - and watch him! I told my installer and he said "no problem" but after he was done I realized he did it anyway...

Anyone order from these guys before??? I looked on their website at the front it says 24.99 a month for 3 tvs with hd recievers but the more i read the terms and conditions it gets more sketchy.... additional fees etc....

When i tried to set up a plan online couldnt get anything like it said......

Dont want no swith and bait...

i'll try calling on monday.....

But curious... if you order one of those duo recievers boxes that can work for two tvs like that vip 222 duo or the 318 duo model they charge for 1 receiver or 2??

i'll try calling on monday.....

But curious... if you order one of those duo recievers boxes that can work for two tvs like that vip 222 duo or the 318 duo model they charge for 1 receiver or 2??

so technically i only need 2 of the duo receivers to cover all 4 of the tv's in my house... only 2 of my tvs are hd anyways.....

thanks for the input.......

few last questions...... If i just get a basic system, 2 recievers for 4 rooms.... without hd i can upgrade to hd later if i want???

I figure if you start with HD you can't remove it from the plan... because of being in contract...

and also is dishstore.net in california?? like do they ship the stuff out here and i install it myself?? or will they send someone here to install the new wires and dish stuff....
Like i posted above, i want to keep it side by side with my analogue cable and my fta dish....

Depending on what package you sign up for, you will be charged a 2nd tuner fee per month if no phone line is connected to a duo receiver. If you get a DVR you may be eligible to have the fee waived on one receiver if no phone line is available. If you get single boxes, the installer may be able to use your existing cable lines. If you get duo receivers, new cable will probable need to be run.

My advice is to contact a local retailer with a local phone number. If they have an office, stick your head in there and see if their professional. If you call anyone else, your installer will be a random draw of luck. I have been installing for years, and the company that I work for contracts with Dish network to perform their installations. I would not let half of the installers that I work with perform any work at my own home. Dish is a great product, but not worth a hoot if not installed correctly.

Depending on what package you sign up for, you will be charged a 2nd tuner fee per month if no phone line is connected to a duo receiver. If you get a DVR you may be eligible to have the fee waived on one receiver if no phone line is available. If you get single boxes, the installer may be able to use your existing cable lines. If you get duo receivers, new cable will probable need to be run.

My advice is to contact a local retailer with a local phone number. If they have an office, stick your head in there and see if their professional. If you call anyone else, your installer will be a random draw of luck. I have been installing for years, and the company that I work for contracts with Dish network to perform their installations. I would not let half of the installers that I work with perform any work at my own home. Dish is a great product, but not worth a hoot if not installed correctly.[/UOTE]

I only have 1 phone jack....... Is it possible to just switch the boxes every other day or so to prevent this fee??? Or how about if the box is connected to the internet??? I'd really hate to be penalized because of no phone line downstairs.....

Depending on the receiver model, you may be able to connect them to the internet instead of a phone line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)