Interesting 4DTV information for the techie

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually reading my old post, I mis-spoke about the PC connection. 4play required connection from bdm header on the ird to an LPT parallel port, not USB.

I have heard that some that know the program writer have contacted him to see about getting him to update his code. (Lets hope so)

There are also other tools such as BDM32 which supposedly communicate with the ird but I have never used them. I believe BDM32 also looks for LPT port. We need to evaluate all of our options.

Welcome to the forum stargaze and thanks for the info on old 4play program-

I have heard that some that know the program writer have contacted him to see about getting him to update his code. (Lets hope so)

I believe I know that person your speaking of and he has been to my place a few times in years past. If anyone can he certainly has the knowledge to do the task, I hope he is not too bust to try to have a new update to that program.

Welcome to the forum stargaze and thanks for the info on old 4play program-
Thanks, for the welcome. I just wanted to make sure things are kept in proper perspective as some may have forgotten certain tricks played on us in the past by Motorola/GI.

Just a tid-bit of info for any one out there who may want to explore things.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The EIA port of the 4DTV is programmable.
Possible list of things you can do on the 920/921 & 922 receivers

You can send it commands to retrieve information out and even to program the unit yourself.

One example of an application might be to create your own timers, by connecting to a PC and then telling the receiver
to change channels at certain times.

it would also be possible to create your own virtual channels.

Unfortunately, there is no public spec for this interface, so you have to
"hack" carefully to avoid possibly damaging the unit.
When I say "hacking", I don't mean the security, but the user interface and
other functions of the box.

I'm not sure but 4Play may have been based on this same premise.

GI / Motorola will not support this interface, so you can not call anyone for assistance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts