Interesting experience with Quick Tune - makes me wonder how it works.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BobStokesbary

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Southern California
I have 2 HR24s at home, one in the front room and one in the bedroom. I also have 2 remotes, one set to control a Sony TV in the living room and one set to control a Panasonic in the bedroom. I have used the remote that controls the Sony to setup some channels with the "QuickTune" feature. I assumed these settings were stored in the front room HR24. Nothing is set up on the other remote/receiver combination.

Now we are on the road in our RV. I take the bedroom HR24 and the front room remote for the Sony TV. Much to my surprise, all the Quick Tune features are present on my (bedroom) HR24 in the RV.

How does that happen? I seriously doubt that the remote can store this information, but I never entered the Quick Tune settings into the bedroom HR24, and yet they all work right now in the RV. Very interesting. (I have whole-home DVR setup and activated at home if that matters.)

Any ideas how this works?

I'm guessing it is the remote that stores the info. I don't see how else it would work the way you said it did.

No, the remote does not store it as I can use any remote with this feature and it will still work.
(I have 1 H24 hooked to 3 TV's and 3 different remotes and it pulls the quick tune no matter what remote I use)

What i would guess is that with MRV whatever it stores on 1 receiver it populates to the other.

I think the key here is MRV.

I will try and test it in the next day or two on my next MRV install.

kjlued,
Thanks for your follow-up. I look forward to hearing what you find out. I am also going to look at this more when I get home. I guess I never tried the Quick Tune in the bedroom.

...What i would guess is that with MRV whatever it stores on 1 receiver it populates to the other.

I think the key here is MRV.

I will try and test it in the next day or two on my next MRV install.
No, this isn't it. I have two hr24s in an MRV setup. I use one DVR/TV (for viewing) the majority of the time and have Quick Tune channels set up on it. The other DVR has none - when I push the "up" button, all the entries are empty.

If it did do as you describe, I would consider it a bug. Not every viewer (and with multiple TVs, there are often multiple viewers) has the same favorite channels. OTOH, if it offered the option of populating the other, that would be a feature. :)

No, this isn't it. I have two hr24s in an MRV setup. I use one DVR/TV (for viewing) the majority of the time and have Quick Tune channels set up on it. The other DVR has none - when I push the "up" button, all the entries are empty.

If it did do as you describe, I would consider it a bug. Not every viewer (and with multiple TVs, there are often multiple viewers) has the same favorite channels. OTOH, if it offered the option of populating the other, that would be a feature. :)

I pretty much figured this but knew it had nothing to do with the remote.
Never tested it though with MRV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts