Interesting Lesson In Live Event Coverage

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've seen LiveU in person. It seems to only do HD quality if there's minimal camera panning and it gets a cell tower that has plenty of bandwidth - which is rare here. There can also be a big time delay in the feed it sends (up to 10 seconds from what I saw). I was helping a friend of mine across from the Aurora mall this weekend with some tech stuff related to all of the media there. It was interesting to see all of the sat trucks there and what they were using. Many had teleprompters fed from the main studios of their respective networks via satellite.

I looked at renting one of those last year for CES. They wanted $6000 for a week.

The buy one it was $36,000.00 (OUCH!)

you would think since its supports 3g/4g LTE, wifi , wimax & ethernet should have been little problem to broadcast from courtroom

The LU70 bonds up to 14 3G/4G LTE, WiMAX and Wi-Fi modems simultaneously, supporting the growing range of cellular network bands worldwide.

I wish my local stations would stop using this technology as the picture looks like crap. The microwave truck link is almost always perfect but now they send out reporters to storm chase in a SUV with something like this product. I have never seen a perfect picture or audio in my area using cellular/internet.

an engineer should have explained things to the judge. A camera with a single cable going out the door and routed to a pool feed distribution site at the curb is much better than letting 30 cameras into the courtroom with all their cables. I don't know what was so ticky-tack to the judge that there had to be no cables leaving the courtroom.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)