Interesting Links

could be a combination of ducting (poor today there) and the moisture in the air from yesterday's rain.

ducting is going to be good here the next few days.

Attachments

• eam1.JPG
    eam1.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 113
Well since the sun shines and almost no wind, I'm gonna go up there AGAIN and try to tweak a little more. Maybe the stormy weather gave irregular readings with aimings and such. Or do you think it's not gonna change anything?

Last edited:
Well peaking didn't make it any better. This is as good as it gets. It seem like sunny weather is always the worst for signal around here. Had to go Lowe's and get some new U-bolts, because of loosening and tweaking and then retighten them again, I just ripped 'em off. A loud bang and off the nut goes.:mad:. And by the way: Yes the mast is grounded too. The whole Unistrut array is grounded, so the mast must be grounded too. The paint on the mast around the clamps is scraped off too, because I aim the antenna like a rotator, and turn the mast, not the antenna. This helps, because I don't have to go all the way up the roof all the time. The nuts and bolt heads are so tight, that any paint got scraped off while tightening. So there's electrical contact everywhere. The dish is grounded too. The grounding blocks of the antenna and the dish are grounded at entry of house with #8 copper. Dish and antenna have seperate grounding blocks, and both are attached straight to the main grounding rod.

Last edited:
my guess is the ducting is minimal today and there is water vapour left in the air from yesterday ...will probably be better tonight and the ducting increases this week

Yeah, weird thing is that signals across the channels are kinda like they were before with the CM antenna, BUT FOX23 is THERE, which wasn't the case before. Seems that the 91XG is at least better in the low band. signals are still a little stronger, because on days like this the CM was choppy on ALL channels, which isn't the case with the 91XG. So it still is definately a gain with the new antenna.
I really love this thing!:)

Here's some pix. The middle of the picture with the trees on it, shows exactly where the 91 XG shoots through. This probably is the biggest problem I have with my reception. The chimney shouldn't be that much of a problem, since the antenna is almost 3 feet higher up. I don't wanna get any higher, as the trees are still too tall. I would require a 80 feet tower to make a difference. So that means to me that equipment wise, it's probably as good as it gets.

Attachments

• Picture-6889.jpg
    Picture-6889.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Picture-6890.jpg
    Picture-6890.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Picture-6891.jpg
    Picture-6891.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture-6892.jpg
    Picture-6892.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture-6893.jpg
    Picture-6893.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 119
Strong ducting this morning. I got KOKH FOX25 from Oklahoma City @ 68%. And that tower is at about 90 degrees off to the west. That's a 2 hour drive away. Not bad.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts