Interesting LNB Observation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, I went out to swap out my Sadoun KUL1 .4 db lnb for a Fortec Universal .3lnb. WOW! Now it is cloudy out, but I went from 53-60% on my Fortec Lifetime Classic NA to 66% on 11720. The stronger tp's went up about 6% too. It is misting and overcast/cloudy out. I think I will leave the universal lnb on. Every satellite I have check the signals are up at least 6%!

The Fortec Universal is a .4 too :)

interesting that the signals went up. I went from a Universal to a Standard and the Universal had a couple points lower than the Standard

Each LNB seems to be different :)

i didn't look up numbers on either but i know when i switched around a couple lnb's i noticed less of a gain than i thought should happen . my problem was one was more stable that the other even though it had a lower temp

I have 2 Fortec Universals that are .3 db, and one that is a .4db. I put the .3 on my setup. I bought them from sadoun via ebay. They had them listed as a .4, but the box and the label on the lnb say .3. It has given me 6% increase across the board. So I will leave it on :)
The Fortec Universal is a .4 too :)

interesting that the signals went up. I went from a Universal to a Standard and the Universal had a couple points lower than the Standard

Each LNB seems to be different :)

If anyone is interested, I see someone on eBay has the .3 db Fortec univ. lnb's - buy it now of $15 with $9 ish shipping. I bought mine for around $12 with shipping from Sadoun via ebay. I LOVE those lnbs! And after my swap out, I am going to stick with that lnb.

Larry
Is there a benefit to using a Universal Lnb as opposed to using a Standard lnb
i know they scan different freq.

Universal LNB's (freq. 10.7-12.75mhz) have a LNB LO frequency of 9750/10600.
Standard LNB's (freq. 11.7-12.2 mhz) have a LNB LO of 10750

Tip from Ice:
Universal LNB, for a short cut set the LNB to "Standard", LO frequency 10600 and turn 22k on.

When you blind scan a normal satellite, it won't scan the low band (which just takes up time)

i don't know what sats your scanning , but don't know what kind of benefit you gain from a Univ. ( but of course i can't see WUT yet)
thanks

I think there is only one or two birds that require a universal here in the States. But, I gained 6% across the board when I swapped out to the Universal lnb...cold just be a fluke. But, if I set the lnb to 10600 and 22k on, when I blind scan it scans 400 items. When I set it to "UNI", it scans 166 on most satellites. So I leave it at "UNI" I don't know the technical side, but my universal lnb is .3db and the standard I have is a .4db. Maybe that makes up the 6%?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)